NEW BLOOD CARD w/ FORCED COMPLIANCE also LEGALISM

by apocalypse 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    And if there are elders snooping around, they could show up at the hospital, with your photocopied ADD and the witnesses that signed it with you and then, that would be enough for the hospital for you not to get a BT. I would never risk it.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hence, if you said "yes" to a blood transfusion moments before going under the knife and showed sincere remorse

So a person's life is wagered against and valued upon a moment of fear.

Really what person wouldn't be in fear if told they need a BT or they would surely die ?

To further the indignity a person can live without much trouble there after if they show some remorse for saying yes.

Disgusting

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's crazy. I may not be understanding it properly. It does seem like this new card trumps any other wishes that you may have previously had. It also seems to remove the power from the hands of Doctors who may want to save you.

Who cares about not getting to run a microphone? You could die for nothing! What if the WTBTS changes their stance? Maybe they are already planning to do so? They lawyers can say, " You signed the card.. We changed our policy after your kid died. Tough shitski comrade.."

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fred Franz was the lying corrupt individual who made up this doctrine, which to date has caused a few thousand lives, some new borns and mere children.

This is the same corrupt asshole that use the 6000 year dating scheme twice, he used it once in 1943, then again in the late1960's to create 1975.

Even listening to this guy shows he wasn't playing with full deck or half cocked delusional..

One shouldn't put faith or trust onto people who say they are being guided by the Almighty god, particularly ones who proclaim that mankind is living in the last days, so they can better market literature to the public.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Use your own pen in front of the others, use an pen with disappearing ink. hahaha
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

Here in the UK the medical staff should keep all matters confidential. Surely then the medical staff could be told to keep the HLC away from you and not to discuss any matters with them?

It's very tough to not give in to this, several years ago I had an operation which I was told there was no chance that I would be in need of blood at all. But still the HLC elders in my Cong were desperate to flex their power muscles. They wanted to march down to the hospital and get right involved with the drs, they would have been there watching and interfering every step of the way if I had let them. So I said that thanks but no thanks I wouldn't need them. You wouldn't believe the pressure I came under to give in. When they finally realised that they weren't getting anywhere with me they started ratting me out to my family and putting pressure on them to get me to change my mind. I wouldn't give in and the operation was a success with no blood needed. But the HLC elders after that always had a scowl ready for me and barely spoke to me afterwards. I had denied them their fun.

I think I will make an appointment with my Dr and discuss this matter with them. If there's enough evidence on file that the patient has effectively been blackmailed into signing this form then surely that should override it?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Coercion, exploitation and manipulation are all descriptive words applicable in the JW religion.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I just ended a friendship with a long time JW friend who had kept in touch with me even after I stopped all activities as a JW. A few nights ago we got to debating and arguing about the blood doctrine. No matter what I told him or shared with him, he refused to see that the society is coercing people into refusing blood that could save their life. He adamantly insisted that the blood doctrine was reasonable, optional and backed by scripture. Well, needless to say, that was the undoing of our friendship. We are done. I cannot call someone a friend who takes that heartless cowardly stance.
  • HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

I find it concerning that they added this in: "I consent to my relevant medical records and the details of my condition being shared with the Emergency Contact below and/or with member(s) of the Hospital Liaison Committee" that is then followed with you having to supply your NHS number (that's new!).

In today's world of data protection - the idea of giving someone (the witness and the HLC) legal access to your medical records is, in my opinion, a step too far. Although it says "relevant medical records" - it doesn't take much to scroll through a data page to find more information.

HOTB

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

that the blood doctrine was reasonable, optional and backed by scripture

Ironically its not reasonable, its not optional and its not backed by scripture.

Its was made by a delusional mad man by the name of Frederick Franz, a known liar and pretentious pseudo bible scholar who got drawn into the Watchtower Corporation himself by previously established false doctrines, by preciously situated leaders of the WTS. ie. C T Russell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit