Can anyone allay my suspicions?

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

While I am not sure about the conclusions offered as to WHY they are doing that, I can confirm that I have seen at least two CO visits where he took lots of pics of the cong after a meeting for FS and after a mid-week meeting...

He even asked everyone to stay in their seats just after the prayer so he could take the picture.

I didn't think anything of it at the time...

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I was still very much in when we we're asked to pose for a family pic by the CO wife including our names. And at the next meeting we got the pic back with a text below stipulating who it came from, etc. I thought back then (4-5 years ago) that it was nice yet very strange. Something just didn't feel right. I guess intuition.

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

Yes, at my last CO visit, the CO and his wife handed out goodie bags to all the kids and asked for a pic of all the children (we have a LOT in our hall). He was relatively young, I wanna say early 40s. They were a very nice couple. I remember at the end of his final talk on Sunday, he stressed over and over that NOTHING is more important that our family, even if they aren't JWs, not meetings or pioneering, that it's our obligation. I was shocked because it seemed in stark contrast to the message that comes from the society. Everyone in my hall were so quiet after that. I wonder if he is awake...

• LisaRose
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I was still very much in when we we're asked to pose for a family pic by the CO wife including our names. And at the next meeting we got the pic back with a text below stipulating who it came from, etc. I thought back then (4-5 years ago) that it was nice yet very strange. Something just didn't feel right. I guess intuition.
    Yes, at my last CO visit, the CO and his wife handed out goodie bags to all the kids and asked for a pic of all the children (we have a LOT in our hall).

It could very well be that the CO and his wife are tasked with the additional duty of serving as scouting out potential actors/models for the WT art and video departments. (Keep your eye out for photogenic families, kids, etc., snap some innocent group pics, and include in your congregation report back to HQ with their names and spiritual status.)

I know first-hand they've plucked kids straight out of Bethel tour groups to use in video productions that day (after confirming their families spiritual "health", of course) when they're desperate.

• pixel
    pixel

Our last CO did just this during our Saturday FS.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Perhaps the borg is developing their own software along these lines:

http://churchix.com/

Googling up churchix returns some disturbing things, that seem right up the cult's alley.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HOLY CRAP!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit