An infographic I just created...

by HappyHappyHappy1914 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Great job happy. Me like.

With the 264K baptized, is it possible to extrapolate from what they give us, the amount of JW's that were DF'd, died, or simply walked away and don't report?

My thought is the best way to do that is the "avg publishers" from each year.

2016 - 8,132,358

2015 - 7,987,279

The difference is 145,079. This is their "net gain".

If 264,535 were baptized, that means 119,456 are in the left, DF'd, or died category more or less.

They have to be shitting bricks over this right? Just glancing over the last several service reports, this is sort of the recent trend. The loose almost as much as they gain.

So now its more like .82% growth as net (someone check my math).

Worldwide population growth is currently at 1.11% per year.

So they aren't even keeping up with normal population growth.

What wonderful expansion is now taking place!

• HappyHappyHappy1914
    HappyHappyHappy1914

The problem in doing the extrapolations you are talking about is that being baptized and being a publisher are two entirely different things. When someone gets baptized, they are already a publisher and will continue to be one after baptism. That is why I kept most of my analysis to increases in average publishers. There is really no good way of getting at the numbers of those leaving unfortunately other than in kind of broad strokes.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Hmmmm. I can see that. But publishers (baptized or soon to be baptized), seems to be the only real hallmark of actual members. I'm not thinking you did anything wrong by the way......just commenting. But it certainly seems like AVG publishers is the real way to measure things. We all know, you only really count if you are out in the ministry. :)

• Simon
    Simon

Great piece of work, very professional / modern :thumbsup:

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Yeah, I agree. This is very professional looking. And quite nice actually.

• carla
    carla

Great job, thank you!

• Hecce
    Hecce

Thanks, very informative

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Happy1914, may I have your permission to translate it to portuguese?

• HappyHappyHappy1914
    HappyHappyHappy1914

Happy1914, may I have your permission to translate it to portuguese?

Go for it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit