Random Musings

by dubstepped 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Every so often something strikes me about the dubs or Bible as I read on here or just think. Not all are topic worthy, but I like thinking about things in different ways and when others share little things that struck them. I'll share two for now, feel free to add your own to the list.

I was thinking the other day about the scripture saying the "for a certainty I perceive that God is not partial". Hard to reconcile that with him having a "chosen people" and annihilating others to give them whatever. Also, he seems pretty partial when destroying billions of non-dubs at Armageddon.

"Millions now living will never die.". More like "more people will die holding fast to this belief than will ever walk into panda paradise without having to die", and that's a best case scenario assuming any validity to their doctrine. It should be a mind-f@!k to anyone not living in dissonance every time someone dies.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Millions now living will never die.". More like "more people will die holding fast to this belief than will ever walk into panda paradise without having to die", and that's a best case scenario assuming any validity to their doctrine. It should be a mind-f@!k to anyone not living in dissonance every time someone dies "

That is a good point that we may be able to slip in to conversation when talking to JW family i.e :

JW "So and So passed away" referring to a JW.

Me " Yes, and the new System still hasn't come, they thought they would live to see it".

Constantly adding to JW's Cog. Diss. will eventually have an effect.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Some of my random musings; Hope it's not too lengthy.

Growing up a jw’s we were always taught that Jehovah would protect his loyal servants—right? We would often hear some very encouraging experience of how a jw, usually in a foreign country with an anonymous name, narrowly escaped, this or that, due to Jehovah looking over him/her and protecting them. Sometimes stories from the bible or some experiences of how Jehovah protected Rutherford and the 8 brothers thrown in jail in 1916 made a convincing argument. We ate it up!

When a situation would come up or a disaster would happen and loyal jw’s died or were killed, it was explained away that Jehovah may not always protect us as individuals, but as an organization! That explanation never did sound quite right, but we ate it up anyway! Slowly, I began to wonder, why does Jehovah only protect certain ones of his loyal servants and not others? What are the criteria that would qualify a loyal servant worthy to be miraculously protected? Are some just more worthy than others? Are some just more loyal?

I started taking a mental inventory of the things I remember reading in the Bible to see if I could find the answers therein and these are just a few of the things that came to mind right away:

After Satan seduced innocent Eve, why didn’t Jehovah warn Adam to beware of Eve’s disastrous ploy? After all, up till that time, Adam had been a very loyal servant taking care of Paradise!

Why did Jehovah admonish wicked Cain, knowing what he was planning to do to loyal Abel, but not give a heads up to loyal Abel so that he could at least defend himself?

Jehovah; “Yo Abel! Your bro is looking to take you out! Watch your back good buddy!” Remember too that at that time, loyal Abel was the only loyal servant of Jehovah on earth!

Jehovah protected loyal Noah and his loyal family. Why could loyal Noah and his loyal family not save even one “worldly” person before the flood? Was every other person on earth so ‘wicked’ that they need to be drowned?

Why did Jehovah allow extremely loyal Jonathan to be killed right alongside of his very disloyal father Saul? But David, the immoral hothead, gets wealth, fame, and glory and gets to die old and satisfied in years? David must have been more loyaler than loyal Jonathan.

Just too many to post but feel free to add you favorites! One modern event demonstrating how Jehovah protects his loyal ones that really sticksout to me:

Why on November 6, 2013 did Jehovah allow super Typhoon Haiyan to strike the Philippines where very tragically 43 very loyal JW’s lost their lives? But even more puzzling and tragic is the fact that 22 of those loyal servants of Jehovah were swept out to sea while they were gathered together in a Kingdom Hall for worship!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• prologos
    prologos
    There were no carnivores before the flood, so why would the author of that situation favor the offering of carrion by Abel over the good vegetables of Cain? and what happened to all the carrion not sacrificed during the pre-flood creative days?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It should be a mind-f@!k to anyone not living in dissonance every time someone dies

I think many active JDubs are questioning things esp when their loved ones die, when they were promised -- guaranteed, unless they had a tragic accident, etc -- that they would live on right into Paradise. But instead, they got old -- and died.

Many do not even remember the 1975 hooopla. But they all have been told that Paradise was right around the corner since the day they became JWs.

Image result for right around the corner

Oops! They meant the NEXT corner.

Maybe it's an "overlapping" corner?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit