What are some of the best movies ,musical catergory you have seen .

by smiddy 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• cobweb
    cobweb

Apart from the classics of The Sound of Music, Caberet, My Fair Lady,, Singing in the Rain - I also like the more naturalistic variety of John Carney music based movies of Once and Sing Street. The Commitments was also fun too.

• Simon
    Simon

I love musicals. My Fair Lady is fantastic (esp. with the original Hepburn singing). It's part of my "shower repertoire" ("Knowing I'm on the street where you live ....")

Jersey Boys is good as a modern one (more a biopic). Great music.

For a funny musical, checkout Life on the Road (David Brent / Ricky Gervais) on Netflix.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Across the Universe

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

For a funny musical, checkout Life on the Road (David Brent / Ricky Gervais) - yes, I've recently bought this DVD.

It is a decent mockumentary film and pretty funny, but one thing I'll add is this: Gervais is a good singer, IMO. He has some talent at song-writing and playing the guitar, too.

I know he says that he's a failed pop star but his songs aren't too far away from being decent pop songs.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yentl

• scotsman
    scotsman

Funny Face is flawless: location, cast, songs and choreography (But you may have to overlook the age difference between Fed and Audrey).

Dancer in the Dark and the Umbrellas of Cherbourg are pretty good too.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Angharad - Across the Universe was fantastic . The Wall by Pink Floyd was great too- all the songs off of the album " The Wall " done in the movie. I just purchased the Lazarus CD done by musicians as a musical of David Bowie's music which isn't a movie, but a musical done on audio CD which was performed in New York- outstanding renditions of David Bowie's songs

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

If you like throwback type musicals with a bit more modern sensibility, check out "LaLa Land"

• blondie
    blondie

Sound of Music

most requested in my piano jobs

second most requested

Fiddler on the Roof

• millie210
    millie210

Well since you guys have mentioned all my best favs I guess I will add the songs from "Paint Your Wagon"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit