Jehovah's Witnesses Came to My Neighborhood

by Juan Viejo2 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

There are some old ways that people "counted time"

1. Talk to your 5-year old grandchild every day for 2 hours, walking down the beach, on the golf course, etc.

2. Writing letters, write 1 letter, copy it 100 times and put in the door of 100 NHs. Count 100 hours.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

While still on the topic of how people counted time...How about not even stepping out your house at all yet puttin gin 15 hours/a month with rv's, placements etc !

Appalling I know but I did this the day all the pieces of the jdumb cult fell into place.

This is me POMO but when PIMI I was a special pioneer with every minute accounted for field circus was quality time spent actually trying to help people learn the so called truth !

Cant believe how a change f mind/ heart can change the whole outlook of a person so much!

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.'

Zing

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

nowwhat? ----

I drop by every so often, but most of the time I am busy painting the walls and carrying out the trash at WatchtowerDocuments.org and helping Barbara Anderson with an occasional YouTube video. I pop in here to see if there are any exciting conversations going on. I do my best to not regenerate any negative feedback if possible.

But thanks for asking. I always enjoy a brief visit here just to catch up. Currently, I am working on a couple of Kindle books about (1) my growing up as a JW kid, and (2) a look back at the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall takeover scandal.

Life is good and I'm not really interested in being in the middle of a lot of argumentive blather.

Hope all is well with you, nowwhat - and for everyone else that visits here as well.

JV

• careful
    careful

JV, so good to hear from you! I've missed your posts and comments, and esp. the good info you have shared from contacts still in the org or your own past experience.

As to this post of yours, that's quite a mindful. Things really have gone downhill in multiple ways. The org has become a shadow of what it used to be. As you document here, the non-preaching, non-disciple-making work shows this as do the financial crisis, the CSA issue, the adoption of church-like practices of popular music and entertainment, the glitzy monthly broadcast, and the putting up of a "Bible museum." The org and its leadership are suffering greatly on multiple fronts, largely due to their own stupid decision-making.

Please drop more often and share info with us. Your ongoing projects sound interesting and should prove fruitful.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

I just found out a kH near the one I attended when growing up has been sold. This truly is a dying cult. Generation after generation of young ones leaving by as much as 70% doesn’t work out so well if you want to grow. It was a big hit in the head finding out about this hall being sold. I knew about ones in other areas mostly rural being sold but this one was right in a major Seattle neighborhood.

Its really good news that this cult is going down. Yes not over night but ever little closer , sale or person quitting is a domino. I was just thinking about my kids which are in their teens trying to get married in a few years. With so many people gone or quitting they may really find it hard to find a mate and if they marry a worldly person then there’s a chance they will fall away so more gone.

I know of one young sister in my hall that has gone this route and is now out. Each one of these different events or situations become another dominos and there all being turned over to crush the cult. There’s no way there’s 8.5 million jws in this world , most likely about half that and it’s getting smaller and smaller by the minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit