My Story

by Freeandclear 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

MarkofCane, given what you're saying, you would REALLY enjoy this video called Dear Believer

http://youtu.be/xl_TrvIIcBY

And a big heartfelt hello FreeandClear!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Believe me when I say that many of us here have walked down that same path. I was a believer, I wanted to believe it all. But the reality is, there just isn't any evidence. It's a rude awakening.

Glad you're here! Good luck!

Doc

(Yes, the video mentioned above is great)

• airborne
    airborne
    Very honest story. Thank you for sharing.
  • besty
    besty

thanks for putting your thoughts down - that can help you and others a lot.

best of luck!

• steve2
    steve2

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Freeandclear. It is less fraught walking away when you don't have family in the organization.

I note you still call it "the truth" - it's not. Try substituting the words "the organization" for "the truth", it signals that you're pulling yourself away from the organization's blatant misuse of the language.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Thank you for sharing your story FreeandClear! You are in good company. Many of us here have gone down similar struggles (Lost love, alcohol abuse, DF'ing, divorce). The further away you get from that organization, the clearer your thinking becomes and a happier life will evolve.
  • cofty
    cofty

Hi FreeandClear. Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm glad to hear you put the gun away. Welcome and best wishes.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So that's my story. I'm happy to be free from the shackles of "The Organization" but I'm also sad about the fact that I no longer have the answers to all life's questions or a wonderful delusion of a Paradise Earth (The ultimate sky cake).

Most of us experienced that sinking feeling, but keep exploring and learning its really not such a bad thing. Not having all the answers is normal and its not so bad. And without that "promise" of the perfect fix for everything, right now you have everything to live for, each day is special, you are going to find life is far more beautiful this way.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Thanks everyone for all your kind words of support. I really appreciate it. I'm glad so many others have woken up.

For me JWfacts.com was the real turning point. It's such a good place to start, very logical and really shows the hippocracy of the "organization"

There were many times over the years when I was "in" that I'd have a nagging doubt or a thought that "something's not quite right here" and to be honest I was in and out so much that it was very interesting to come back after a couple of years being out to have my friends tell me all the "updates" and all the "new light" It's laughable really.

This Generation - wow, I mean what will they think up next? What will the "new light" be in 20 years on that subject? I have a suspicion that JW will ultimately crack and break apart. There is just too much of their dirt out on the internet now. The new generation of people on the planet have access to all of it, it's normal now to go online and do your own researching. I can't imagine "Bible Studies" working for much longer unless the person is just wired to believe anything or is mentally ill.

This life is all we have. There is no past, there is no future, all that matters is the NOW, each moment, for that is all life really is. My reality right now is sitting here typing away to you fine people, what comes next is anyones guess.

I'm just glad to be at peace and glad to have others I can talk to and rant to when needed.

Thanks again for all of your support.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Rant as much as you need and when you need just be patient with yourself and try to find some good friends that fit you personality in the EXJW world, they can be life savers! And know that we are all types out here with one big thing in common.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit