Do you remember Circuit Leasing

by blondie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now there’s a blast from the past !

I guess I do remember it 😉

i don’t recall all those years ago but did I say much ?

What a neat scheme it was. Coincidentally just the other day, I came across a certificate of merit that mentioned just such an enterprise in Oz.

ahh, it was quite an achievement at the time.

• hoser
    hoser

They really made the circuit overseer and his wife pamper the cars so they could get top price.

The other thing I noticed was how brothers would buy these cars as a spiritual status symbol.

• waton
    waton

I guess before that, circuit/district overseers had their vehicles looked after out of direct assembly funds, funny, the hardworking cooks at these occasions laboured for the mobility of the "servants". In the past wt served meals, at times, even free, at assemblies, conventions.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Pampered car bought or leased at good price, then sold at top dollar. The old scheme of donating from the assemblies was even worse. I well remember t h e CO commenting on how glad he was to get rid of a car, the same model I had just financed to move to a better vehicle.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don't think the website works anymore, but it is pointing to a jw.org infrastructure.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Back in the 90s. Dale Baker Oldsmobile leased cars to the COs and DOs.

I see he died last year.

Dale Baker, 86, of Grand Rapids, Michigan and Hobe Sound, Florida, passed away in the early hours of January 9, 2021.

In 1942, Dale was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. His faith was central to his life, family, travel, and work. The worldwide brotherhood of Jehovah's Witnesses was truly Dale's tightest community, up through the day of his death.

Those who know Dale Baker know that his name is synonymous with cars. Dale loved cars his whole life. As a teenager, he rebuilt a Ford Model T, by hand, so that he'd have a car to drive when he turned 16. He spent his life working his way up in the car business, going from selling tires from the basement of a dealership to the owner of several dealerships across multiple states. His flagship business, the Dale Baker Motor Mall, was a staple in the Grand Rapids business community for over 25 years.

And his daughter Amber Baker married Judah Ben Schroeder.

• hoser
    hoser

Rattigan 350

They sound like the Trump/Kushners of the jw world. Well connected

• TD
    TD

I remember

I was shopping for a car for my wife years ago and inquired with Circuit Leasing. Their prices were higher than new in my area, so I scrapped that idea.

They continued to send me flyers and key fobs for a couple of years though:

• hoser
    hoser

When buying high priced used cars you always have to factor in higher financing rates than buying new and the fact that there usually is no to little warranty left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit