Throwing rice at wedding banned! J.W don't want you to have kids!

by Witness 007 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rutherford in his last book in 1942 ironic that it was called "Children" told Witnesses don't have any kids!!! Armageddon is just afew years away. 2022 many Witnesses still live by this ideal...I have no kids at 50 years old because of this idiot!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Were you a born in JW W-007 ? if so that might explain it.

I was a convert at 19 married 2 years later in 1961 to my convert GF and had 2 boys and other JW`s in my era were marrying and having kids ,so i guess it all depended on the individuals and maybe the environment we were in at the time ? or where in the world we lived .

Regardless we all have regrets about our JW experiences.

Take care my friend.

• hoser
    hoser

Many JW couples pioneer when they are younger and by the time they are in their early 40s it is too late and they are too broke to raise kids anyway.

• hoser
    hoser

As for the rice and confetti at weddings it is some pagan custom so it is bad. Wedding rings are also a pagan custom but they are ok.

I think a lot of these oddball rules are in place so that Jws are considered oddballs by “worldly” people and they just don’t fit in. This keeps jws associating with jws thus keeping them in the cult.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

This is what happened to Raymond Franz also, wasn't it? Between their work abroad and waiting for Paradise, they did not have children. There must be many JWs and exJWs in that boat. I never married or had kids myself, but I am not haunted by those decisions. Still, it is a reminder of just how large an impact (and not always for the better) the WTS has on the personal lives of so many people.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Many cities banned throwing rice or confetti at weddings due to environmental dangers to birds and the cleanup of confetti is a nightmare. It might depend on where you live but I suspect in NYC it was banned decades ago.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

''I’ve been married so many times I’ve got rice marks on my face!”

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What attitudes the Borg has towards to kids/people & friendships and the Borg's attitude in general.

What the Borg says. The WT is it's own worst enemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit