The Elders want to meet with me and the hubby... Lol lol lol

by Sevan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Sevan
    Sevan

So the elders called wanting to meet with me and my husband.

Most likely because I told a concerned JW friend of mine that I really care about that I wasn't coming back and a couple of the issues I had. I didn't bring up any so-called "apostate" information, just told her about the Australian Royal Commission and that there are a lot of unscriptural teachings and that the GB apply Scriptures that are about Jehovah and Jesus to themselves, which is idolatry.

Well she reacted like a good JW bot and did not respond to anything I said and then turned me into the elders. I'm not mad at her. She's just reacting the way she's been trained by the cult to react. I still love her very much. She's a good person and could be an even better person without the cult pushing against her better more loving nature. I feel sorry for her being trapped in this cult. All her family, except her three adult children, are in the cult. She is so distressed about her children. Even before I left, I tried to put her mind at ease about her kids and told her that Jehovah reads hearts. I feel bad that she is sitting there thinking that her kids are getting destroyed at Armageddon. She is depressed a lot about this. This cult really messes with people's minds.

Anyway, back to the elders. These guys have never helped me when I have been in need. Never visited me when in the hospital, never helped me move, never helped me with family issues, never visited me or even called me when I missed meetings for several months one year, never helped me when I was out of work and had no money (my "worldly" family did thank you very much), etc, etc. And in the last 20 years, they have never called on me for a shepherding visit that I did not specifically ask for. I think I have had a total of 4 shepherding visits in the last two decades, all at my request.

But now that I have so-called "apostate" beliefs, I'm getting calls and messages from the elders. These "shepherds" of the flock. Lol lol lol lol. Yeah, I don't think so dudes.

I will never, ever, not in a million years, go back to that crazy pedophile harboring cult.

I'm only sad about those that I care about that are still in. That I can't say a proper farewell and tell them how much I love them. It is bull that I can't show them all that I've found. They probably wouldn't be willing to listen anyway, but I should at least have the option to try to help them. Even though I know their friendship is conditional on me being a JW, as they have been trained and as I was trained for too long, I do still think they are good people and I still do love my friends in the congregation. Very sad and heartbreaking.

But still worth it to get my children out of the cult while they are still young and have a chance at a normal childhood. And for myself and hopefully soon husband. I celebrated my birthday yesterday for the first time since I was 16! It was great! And I secretly celebrated my step-daughters birthday. I got her presents and made her a special cake. She loved it! Since she's still very indoctrinated, I put her mind at ease and told her it wasn't a birthday party, just my way of showing that I was excited that she turned 9. She bought it, lol.

My husband has been supporting me btw. He even made me a special breakfast and bought me flowers for my birthday. He just isn't ready to go full on anti-JW, even though he doesn't really believe, because all his immediate and extended family are in, which I understand.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hi Sevan. Thanks for posting that. Are you gonna tell them to not bother coming for a visit?

I'm only sad about those that I care about that are still in. That I can't say a proper farewell and tell them how much I love them. It is bull that I can't show them all that I've found. They probably wouldn't be willing to listen anyway, but I should at least have the option to try to help them. Even though I know their friendship is conditional on me being a JW, as they have been trained and as I was trained for too long, I do still think they are good people and I still do love my friends in the congregation. Very sad and heartbreaking.

I know what you mean, i feel the same way. There's no way my still in family would listen to the facts and evidence we know. A switch would flick in their brain as "apostasy" and we'd be shut down. I've yet to celebrate my first birthday and im in my 30s! Im glad you had a nice day, and your step-daughter.

It's my hope that if my siblings or mother leave i'll be there for them, and when (and i mean WHEN) my little nephews/neices try to leave i'll be there for them. Not tell them what to do but just be the unconditional loving family member everyone should have.

Take care.

Pale.Emerpor

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If you don't care about being DF'd, let them know how you feel and move on with your life. Everyone's situation is different and you have to do what is right for you and your family.

If you don't want to be DF'd....DO NOT MEET WITH ANY ELDER(S)! You mentioned that they never cared for you but NOW all of a sudden you are on their radar. Why is that? Hmmm. They have some "juicy dirt" on you and they are like vultures circling their prey. They can't wait to pounce. They only have as much control over you as you give them. If you do not want to meet with them, tell them you are doing fine and if you need them, you will contact them. You may have to do this several times. What drives the average JW mad, is if you give them NOTHING. They thrive on gossip and judgement! It is like their life blood. If you want to screw with all of them, give them NOTHING.

Happy Birthday!

Nothing against your "friend" who told the Elders, but she is just a conditional friend. Once you are OUT of the cult she will drop you like a bad habit. They will only love/like/hang out with you if you drink the JW Kool Aid. It is a harsh reality but the truth.

Keep us posted on your progress. Life is short...enjoy each new day! Sounds like you are. Freedom is awesome.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    I didn't bring up any so-called "apostate" information, just told her about the Australian Royal Commission and that there are a lot of unscriptural teachings and that the GB apply Scriptures that are about Jehovah and Jesus to themselves, which is idolatry.

No so-called "apostate" information? Err...well...err... anyway...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My daughter has real health problems and my wife was trying to raise some money to help us get her treatment. A few people in the hall donated but very little except for a couple of her close friends. I didn't really care as most jws are poor anyway but the elders, not one donated crap!!!

• Sevan
    Sevan

Well yeah, Crazyguy, this is the religion of give give give all you have and then some to the maleficent seven... er I mean Governing Body... and get nothing in return, don't ya know.

• Sevan
    Sevan

ToesUp, all my immediate and extended family are not JWs, so I don't really care whether I'm DF'd/DA'd. But I do care about my husband. All his family are in and he specifically asked me to quietly fade so as not to cause problems with his family. I already went against him by talking to my friend when he asked me not to tell any of the JWs my "apostate" thoughts.

If it weren't for him, I would have written or met up with all of my JW friends that I'm closer to and laid down the facts about the organization.

I have no need to meet with the elders. There is zero chance they will change my mind or that I will change theirs. Also, I don't recognize their authority whatsoever.

I will follow your advice and tell them that I'm fine and will reach out to them if need be. Actually, I'm going to have my husband do it for me, since he is my "head" and they might actually listen to him.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS doctrines ie 1874 , 1914, 1925, 1975, have always been devised and created to help in the continuing proliferation of the literature the organization published, that's a fact that no intelligent honest person can deny .

• Sevan
    Sevan

pale.emperor - celebrate your birthday! It is awesome.

I celebrated my birthday and all the holidays growing up as I wasn't raised a JW. I have a lot of happy memories of all the holidays and birthdays growing up.

I had a difficult childhood though and was a prime target for the JWs, as I was very downtrodden when they first started calling on me. I was looking for hope and answers and they promised both. I was only 12 years old when they first started bringing me literature. My mother let me start studying at 13 even though she wasn't a JW and didn't agree with the religion. I stopped celebrating all the holidays (so difficult) on my own after my 16th birthday. I got baptized just before I turned 18. My mother has told me many times how much she regrets letting me study. My mother always let us make our own choices and she in many ways gave us too much freedom.

I missed many of my milestone birthdays (18th, 21st, 25th and 30th) because of this religion and that of my siblings and parents. I missed 2 of my siblings' big 4-0s. I'm planning on going all out for one of my other sister's big 4-0 next year!

I'm so glad my kids won't miss out on the childhood memory of birthdays.

I've secretly been celebrating Thanksgiving for several years now (always my favorite holiday). I'm going to start celebrating mother's and father's day too! Not sure yet if I'm going to celebrate the other holidays.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He just isn't ready to go full on anti-JW

One doesn't have to, one can balance their direction on their own toward many of the so called not to do's of the JWS religion.

Christmas , birthdays etc.

Modern day secularism is lot more unified around the world than many aren't in realization or acceptance of, particularly high controlling religoius cults like the JWS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit