Angry the BBC covered J.W. child abuse on the national TV news at 1pm but not 6pm or 10pm

by Isambard Crater 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Did the J.W lawyers gag the BBC or something? Not even Newsnight covered it. It was given 3 minutes every hour on the 24-hour BBC news channel though I guess.

• cobweb
    cobweb

That is a very glass half empty way of viewing it.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

True, but I perceive that many more people watch the 6pm and 10pm news than the 1pm when many are at work.

• alanv
    alanv

News items importance can change throughout the day. The BBC just decided some other news item was more important. It's important to us as JWs but most people have little or no interest in JWs.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

plastered all over the website, the company I worked for yesterday had an internal monitor showing segments of all kinds of things related to the company but the BBC headline on it was visible on it.

• cofty
    cofty

The WT have no power to gag the BBC. Truth is a valid defense against accusations of libel.

The coverage yesterday was excellent.

• cobweb
    cobweb

I was pleasantly surprised it got the level of coverage it did tbh. It kinda came out of nowhere and wasn't based on any new stuff that i could see, yet it got picked up by a lot of media and echoed through the day. It got onto the 5pm pm programme on radio 4 which has a big drive home audience. I view it as a big fat win.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Missed it as I watched the BBC news at 6. Shame.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

has anyone got a link to the BBC news programme that its in ?

• AverageJoe1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit