JW views on saving and retirement

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

In my experience only the dumb and the undisciplined actually practice the "relying" thing. I've know COs that had accumulated pretty nice portfolios over the years but they tended to only discuss it with people that had done similar things.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That money you would never see would just be thrown in the street, so who cares.

Brought to you by the same ones who downsize from a mansion to luxury apartment and sell their " small" business.

• sparky1
    sparky1

LongHairGal...you are the doyenne of financial responsibility and economic self reliance! You have my utmost respect.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPARKY1:

Thank you for the compliment. But, I credit my ‘worldly’ Dad for my resolve to plan for my future....The Witness religion cannot ever be forgiven for its hypocrisy and the lives they have harmed with faulty policies.

When I hear about how certain ones (COs) made sure they invested wisely - but yet preached poverty at halls they visited, it makes me furious.

And, the individual older Witnesses who said one thing to young people there..but did another thing privately - can go to hell. Some of these people have already passed away..If they were still living I would track them down and tell them off.

The problem in this religion is that nobody is held accountable for anything and the victimization goes on indefinitely unless and until people get the hell out.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Pioneering wife #1 went ballistic when she noticed my payroll deductions for the 401k, IRA, and various insurances back in 1985. She went to the elders and "turned me in" for my lack of faith. lol. She even had two elders come and council me for my "lack of faith" in the coming destruction of the evil system.

(She left me 1990 ( :) thankfully!) saying my "lack of faith" was spiritually damaging her...and pioneered..until she ran out of that evil $$, had to work fulltime, and then decided to shack up with a wealthy attorney to support her,....who soon dumped her. She ended up a penniless bag lady in her late 60s.)

So much Watchtower dogma and vitriol simply feeds illogical hysterical followers. Bethel itself is full of Accountants, Realtors, and Attorneys who wheel and deal to store up worldly riches.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

The cult is so sick so dangerous so toxic its best to just keep away from all of them. Family all of them. You can not save them they can only drag you down.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Balaamsass2

Pioneering wife #1 went ballistic when she noticed my payroll deductions for the 401k, IRA, and various insurances back in 1985. She went to the elders and "turned me in" for my lack of faith. lol. She even had two elders come and council me for my "lack of faith" in the coming destruction of the evil system.

(She left me 1990 ( :smile: thankfully!) saying my "lack of faith" was spiritually damaging her...and pioneered..until she ran out of that evil $$, had to work fulltime, and then decided to shack up with a wealthy attorney to support her,....who soon dumped her. She ended up a penniless bag lady in her late 60s.)

Yes, so true. I wanted to have a savings account. My wife insisted Armageddon was coming and we would not need it. Two young daughters, a mortgage and a good paying job. We could have saved a tidy sum. But there would have been no peace in the house so I gave in. She bought lots of stuff. Then the split. 20 years later I am saving like crazy. Over $2000 a month and counting each dollar to see how long it will last me. With pensions I am at about 10 years after retirement, which is still down the road and I am 68. Good job, good pay and probably working until 72 and saving like crazy, sacrificing everything to make sure I have some money when I am 85. If I die before then the kids can have it. Where is she? How much money does she have to live on? Don't know and don't care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit