New Word Coined In April 2016 WT!

by Naoscillator 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Well Mentally Diseased was growing stale, we need a new word so we can still be up to date in hate speech.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Oh come on. There's nothing wrong with the word. You can tack "like" on the end of virtually any noun to coin a new word. It's a legitimate practice. Criticize the Watchtower indoctrination - the Watchcraft - all you want, but the language mechanics is sound. It's valid because Canaanite is a noun. The parody examples such as "parasiticlike" is not comparable because parasitic is already an adjective so it would be wrong - redundant, I think - to tack "like" at the end of it. However, parasitelike should be valid, because parasite is a noun. The only criticism I will make is that perhaps they should have added a hyphen - Canaanite-like.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    On further thought, why use the word Canaanitelike? The writer could have used the word Canaanite since it is also an adjective. So why did he go out of his way to use Canaanitelike when he could have used the adjective Canaanite? I think it reveals something about this particular writer. Could it be that this particular writer is less of a judgmental zealot and so is reluctant to call people Canaanite and feels compelled to soften it to Canaanitelike? Maybe he was told to use Canaanite and he decided to soften it to Canaanitelike and it was approved.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Island Man...a hyphen would definitely have improved it..if you must use it.

According to Geoffrey Jackson, it is all worded in a way that is easy to translate. I wonder what they make of that in Tagalog or Melanesian Pidgin?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Try googling Canaanitelike and you'll be amazed at how many times the word has been used BEFORE the supposedly new word appeared in the WT.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I guess "pharisaic" was too hard to pronounce? :smirk:
  • Saved_JW
    Saved_JW
    Sounds like a name from Star Trek, lol
  • coalize
    coalize
    I wonder what they make of that in Tagalog or Melanesian Pidgin?

In french, they doesn't follow the issue at all. They use : "Nous devons nous évertuer à enlever de nos vies toute mentalité semblable à celle des Cananéens"

Literally : "We must strive to remove from our lives every way of thinking similar at the Cananean one."

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Faroutishlikelythinkingitsnotgroovy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit