Is there no Mid Week Meeting, April 15 -21, this week because of the Memorial?

by Acluetofindtheuser 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

PIMO here.

I must have missed an announcement or something because there is no Workbook online for this week. Are they cancelling the mid week meetings between April 15 - 21 because of the Friday Memorial?

I don't want to text anyone that I know so I'll ask you guys.

I'm going to be a no show tonight just in case it's all locked up. Let me burn some gas for no reason, not.

Thanks for any input.

A

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, there is NO MIDWEEK MEETING this week. My wife's Wednesday meeting is cancelled for that reason.

I know, in the past they didn't cancel meetings on other nights, but apparently this is a thing now, maybe for a couple/few years.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My father was saying it was something along the lines of what your said. I’m surprised I didn’t hear it on here 1st

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Big thanks OnTheWayOut and joe134cd. I thought there was something wrong with my tablet.

I also thought it would have been mentioned here before as well. I guess I get to be the first in something on this board.

• waton
    waton

Perfect timing for the wt, elders, because

they get out of having everybody read and discuss 1 Cor. 14: 34-37, which contain the "Lord's commandment"

about disgraceful speaking in all the congregations of the Holy Ones. There are obviously many congregations of the unholy ones in the halls that wtBtS Inc. owns; what a disgrace.

not endorsing, just observing.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has cancelled congregation book (now bible) studies in the past to let jws concentrate fully on the days leading up to the memorial; perhaps reading those passages of Jesus' life in the time just before his death (really!)

• GoneRogue
    GoneRogue

Yea there was a announcement in one of the months that when the memorial is set during the week, the meeting during the week will be cancelled, if memorial falls on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) the weekend meeting will be cancelled... O joy..

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Both meetings are cancelled here. There is a video online that's supposed to be watched before the memorial along with the Bible reading...or something like that, I don't really pay close enough attention anymore. 😂

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Wish I still attended so I could have enjoyed that glorious day off!

Nah, I'm good now. Not having to carry that burden anymore.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

In effect The Watchtower is ruling that we do not need the prepared 6 months in advance spiritual food from God / rejecting the food from God! My word! How awful !

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit