Gut Feelings - The Second Brain

by Xanthippe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabin
    Sabin

I am so glad that this is on here, people dont recognize how important the gut really is. When i've tried to tell friends about this they look at me like i'm nuts. I see a psychologist, she is the top of her field, trains other psychologists, has published works, goes to other countries to give talks ect. Needless to say the woman knows her stuff. About 2 yrs ago i was telling her that this old bag of a sister that was coming round every week just to put me down, sat across the table asked me what i had for dinner. I told her, she asked if i had made it myself, i said no. she said nothing but gave me this look. I heard her say "if i had cooked that i would have made it myself" i heard the criticism, in my stomach. She (psychologist) started to smile, she had just come back from a convention in Hawaii & told me that it has been recognized that people who come from serverly abused back grounds hear with their stomachs. You know what i did? i started to listen to it. 95% of serotonin is made in the stomach, so i ate a piece of dark chocolate everyday, & drink 2 tbls of apple cider vinegar which alkaline's the body. Wanna know what it told me, it told me i was in a f...king cult. I'm a big fan of gut feeling. We all need to do abit of tummy talk, the more i let it speak out the flatter it seems to be getting.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/catalyst/SC1302H005S00

Quite an interesting documentary on the latest findings and possibilities.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks doof

well since I started reading the bbc site i decided to turn over a new leaf - turning to more veg from the sunflower and bulb family.

fingers crossed that i lose weight and feel healthier as I hadn't yet given up my christmas period love for ben&jerry's -

xanth - apologies for the weird post. I love science and was following the line of thought a little too literally and it led to me what peeps used to do in the past. sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit