Child Molester Geoghan Killed in Prison

by closer2fine 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• closer2fine
  • Gadget
    Gadget
    "Many of my clients would have rather seen Father Geoghan serve out his time in jail and endure the rigors of further criminal trials, so that his pedophile acts could have been exposed further," he said.

This mans victims have a life sentance, he's released from the pressures after only serving 18 months. In prison he would have learned what its like to be frightened(When the others learnt what he was in for) and to have no-one to turn to. It might have made him more sympatheic to the victims of abuse. What about the man who killed him, no matter what someone has done are they worth serving a life sentance for? And the prison staff are going to have a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the murder. If there was any slight thing that could have been done differently, but they didn't, they face the sack and possibly criminal charges against them. This is just for doing their job. Sorry for venting, but this is something I feel really strongly about. That said, I don't know the details of the case. If he could possibly have been wrongly accused, Ifeel so sorry for him. To be wrongly accused of something likew that would be unimaginable.

Gadget

• joelbear
    joelbear

Child Molestation should be a capital offense.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine
    Child Molestation should be a capital offense.

I agree. There are currently 130+ lawsuits going against this guy. People who were molested during his "reign of terror" Death was too good for him. closer

• Mary
    Mary
    If he could possibly have been wrongly accused, Ifeel so sorry for him. To be wrongly accused of something likew that would be unimaginable.

There's no chance this priest wasn't guilty. Over 130 people have come forth to say he sexually abused them. Geoghan was the lowest form of scum on earth and I'm glad the stinking old bastard is DEAD. Anyone that can do what he did to children is sick, sick, sick and deserves to die. I hope he's roasting in Hell right now.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

99% out of 100 don't lie about sexual abuse !!

OCW

• gumby
    gumby
    99% out of 100 don't lie about sexual abuse !!

Yip,

It's pretty hard for a young little innocent child to give graphic details of a sexual nature that was done to them........but do you think an intelligeny Elder body doesn't know this????.......aaaaaawwwwww come on!

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

The killer wasn't able to finish his plan according to prison officials. He planned on CASTRATING him with a razor.

• waiting
    waiting

I believe the priest had confessed to some of the molestations - so no chance he was totally innocent. I was also under the impression that most of his victims were adults now.

And children can - and do - lie. They can be vengeful, and they can get even. It's been proven. Not saying ANY of his victims were even unsure of their facts - just that it can't be proven that children have never lied. Ask a poster here named Dakota Red.

That would be the reason to encourage anyone saying they were sexually abused/raped to talk to professionals (which elders aren't) - at least they have a better chance of helping the child/adult, and getting a better view of the facts.

And children can lie about sexual abuse - just like adults can -- that was one of the first things taught to me by my therapist. Btw - a "child" by definition exists until 18 years of age.

That priest has found more peace than many of his victims.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yep -- a quick death was too good for him -- should have been castrated first - and then -- well if I go on it will get very unchristian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit