Data for Partakers from 1935-2016. Latest number wasn´t this high since 1954!

by ILoveTTATT2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The reason why the doctrine of the closed door in 1935 (there was one in 1881 too) was necessary in the eyes of the WTS admin was that partakers reached 95,000 plus in 1925. It did drop to 25,000 the next year due to the disappointment of the end not coming in 1925. But they knew it could happen again.

They don't factor in how many partook in the first century and secular historians have said it is hard to calculate how many there were (or real ones per the WTS).

I never thought they would adjust the generation doctrine but they did and the rank and file outwardly ate the shit sandwich they were served.

Blondie

• Half banana
    Half banana

Mmm, tasty!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It would be interesting to see which countries had an increase of partakers. I suspect that all the recent growth in 3rd world countries may have something to do with the uptick in partakers overall.

My experience is that folks from these countries often are quite enthusiastic but because of the cultural differences between their world and the folks in New York, they don't quite "get" or have a full sense of what they're into with this strange western religion. On the other hand, those in western countries aren't as impressed by the words of these western leaders as they once were and less of them are partaking and are being replaced by partakers from 3rd world countries.

(Just a guess)

• Half banana
    Half banana

Interesting thought Pete Zahut, there is also the possibility that when people are confronted with options, at the first time of hearing them, they will choose or see themselves taking one ‘destination’ or the other without thinking it through. JW teaching levels are low so perhaps now these preachers are unwittingly giving their new hearers a choice?

So as you say, it would be useful to know in which parts of the world the new partakers are living to analyze the reasons.

Aside from this it is worth remembering that the taking of the emblems of body and blood started way before Jesus. Notably it was borrowed directly from a Mithraic ritual celebrating the death of the Saviour and Great Shepherd Mithras with cakes and wine after 400 BCE.

• new boy
    new boy

simple answer is

All the apostates are going to meetings and partaking.... that is why there is an increase.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'd prefer the graph starting at zero on the Y axis.

Plus the number drops extremely sharply between 1935 and 1940 from around 53 thousand to 23 thousand. Playing devil's advocate, the JWs could argue that many partakers in 1935 later "realised" they were other sheep. So only around 25,000 or so should be counted from this period. That would still leave room for modern anointed, first century anointed, and a trickle in between, as has long been the teaching. Add in a percentage who are wrong or leave JWs and they could still string this out for a long time. Basically until the number partaking itself reaches near 144,000 they'll probably still argue it all makes sense.

The fact the it's increasing when it should be decreasing is a bigger problem that the overall number. They could abandon the teaching, stop publishing the number, or call most partakers liars or crazy. So far they seem to be going with the crazy option and burying their heads in the sand.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This increase signifies the fact that there must be more crazy deluded people partaking at the memorial.

According to the GB who have made that assertion themselves recently.

Say most of the GB members are anointed partakers. ????

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Exactly. They condemn themselves, overlapping nut cases. (Apologies to nut cases)

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I'd prefer the graph starting at zero on the Y axis.
    The graph like it is accentuates the rise in partakers since 2007. You can do it if you wish, I have shared the data in the link. (Just too tired to do it right now).
  • tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Matzah's great with butter and jam, think they'd let me bring my own

If I was nice?

Body of our Lord with butter and jam

Oh probably not

Have to wait till we get home

Like with the wine

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest