Society's list of publications to trash ASAP!

by RolRod 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I don't know the context of this document, but I think it is directed at the literature counter at the KH rather than personal collections. In many KHs there are multiple congregations, several languages, and limited counter space. They are likely trying to slim down the stuff in inventory at the KH to save space and confusion. That's what I am reading into it anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

DOYKL, I agree because of the statement of whether these publications "have not moved in a reasonable amount of time." I can remember when some publications in stock for years had yellowed pages and the person in charge of literature was told to dump them, not looking good to give to public. Congregations used to have do inventory of how many and "cost" of publication and submit to WTS; and then WTS told them to either get them into the hands of the jw members or get rid of them. That was so loooong ago.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

To see it clearer use a Windows computer. Not sure why desktop mode on Android doesn't make it clearer.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

How many trees were cut down to print all of the rubbish?

RB.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"brothers, it's imperative we get these publications in the hands of the people! Lives are at stake!

Years later

" Um toss 'em!"

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Since the WTS claims to be concerned about the environment and ecology, I am surprised that they told the congregational literature departments to discard the publications without saying to do so by recycling them.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl

Thousands of hours wasted... that's what this amounts to. JWs spent entire days and weeks of times handing out this literature, only to have it confined to the dustbin of "history."

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I can't figure why they want to hold on to the Reasoning Book? Most of the quotations from secular publications and encyclopaedia contained in the RS book as I recall were so vastly out-of-date, it used to be embarrassing making reference to them when I used to share in the door to door service.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

What! I enjoy all the unfulfilled prophicies, flip-flops, and crazy talk of old WT books. I especially enjoy all the Masonic and "pagan" iconology.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Most of the quotations from secular publications and encyclopaedia contained in the RS book as I recall were so vastly out-of-date, it used to be embarrassing making reference to them when I used to share in the door to door service.

On the other hand it was a useful ‘tool’ and most householders didn’t know how to argue against it.

Have they done away with it? If they have, I would think it’s a backward step (from their point of view, of course! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit