I just bought an original copy of the 1920s Millions now living will never die.

by Tobyjones262 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

So I picked up an original copy of the 1920 Millions book. Can anyone give me some of the most crazy wrong predictions in this book? Its a rare book that is a bit hard to find.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

1st- Millions living will never die

2nd We , in the Watchtower tract society can instruct you, to the true meaning of the bible

Next time, look to the folks who wrote a particular book to instruct you to it's meaning. It's just common f*&%$ing sense.

The Truth Will Set You Free

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That's the highlight of this book and its'accompanying talk and why it exists.

It's funny, the publications have brazenly put this book on display as a highlight of our precious "spiritual heritage", yet none of the r&f stop to think that the very title is an unfulfilled false prophecy! And if they excuse it by saying, 'well, it's talking about those who will be resurrected', well they're wrong. This book was about the 'clear evidence' that the end was coming in 1925, and that therefore they would never have to die at all.

Nice find, I hope you are able to use it for reverse witnessing, because that could be more valuable than an unofficial PDF that has likely been altered with "apostate lies".

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

NBD, This is why I collect these publications. The society does not want us to remember any of these old predictions in their publications. And to buy a modern copy they will say its fake. But how can one argue with an original copy of a publication they printed at HQ? Looks like pages 88 and 89 are where they explicity say the end is going to happen in 1925 when Abraham Isaac and Jacob are resurrected.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was always a bit dubious about people who said the JW`s predicted the end was coming in 1925 ,I always understood that 1925 only dealt with the "resurrection of the faithful men of old " such as Abraham Isaac and Jacob.?

To rule as princes in all of the earth ?

Did I just answer my own question ?

Can you highlight where they state that the end would come in that year 1925 ?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Okay, you're technically right smiddy3. They thought the 6,000 years (later adjusted to 1975) had already ended and therefore they were IN the 1,000 year reign. So the resurrection would be proof of that. It was still a false prophecy though, and was directly related to the Beth Sarim scam.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

"Fulfilled prophecy shows beyond a doubt that (Christ) did appear in 1874. Fulfilled prophecy is otherwise designated the physical facts; and these facts are indisputable....We understand that the jubilee type began to count in 1575 B.C.; and the 3,500 year period embracing the type must end in 1925....It follows, then, that the year 1925 will mark the beginning of the restoration of all things lost by Adam's disobedience."The Watchtower," 1922-NOV-1, Pages 333 & 346.

"Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." The Watchtower," 1923-APR-1, Page 106.

"With great expectations Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be... Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year."The Watchtower," 1925-JAN-1, Page 3.

"...there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and other faithful ones of old ... we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection."Millions now living will never die," (1918), Page 89.

• new boy
    new boy

They changed the title of the book. It use to be called "Millions now living will soon be dead."

• sir82
    sir82

We understand that the jubilee type began to count in 1575 B.C.; and the 3,500 year period embracing the

type must end in 1925

The dinklehoffs kept forgetting there is no "0 year", which forced them to change 606 BCE to 607 BCE later on.

Their "3500 year period" would have ended in 1926, not that it mattered, since this "prophecy" is simply just one more thing they got wrong.

• Not_Culty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit