What Should Have Been Their "Surname" or "Last Name"?

by titch 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• titch
    titch

OK, Folks, so here's my question. Now then, assuming that you believe that there was an actual first man and a first woman, as the Bible propounds, that had the name of "Adam" and "Eve" (as we have called them, in the English language) Well, what do you think that their surname or last name would have been, or should have been? That is, if they HAD surnames way back then, in the so-called "beginning" of human existence? I'll start it off with this: Adam Humanbeing...Eve Humanbeing. So, what do you think that their surname should have been. Now....get your "thinking juices" flowing, and have fun with this one! Best Regards Everyone.....Titch.

• Rafe
    Rafe

The Johnsons

Yup Adam and Eve Johnson

Common Middle Eastern names in that era

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Everyone knows the Garden of Eden was in Ireland and Adam and Eve were Irish. 🍀 so their last name would have been something like, O'Eden...Mr and Mrs. O'Eden or Maybe their last name was McRib. Adam and Eve McRib has a nice (and yet strangely familiar) ring to it.

The Adams family?

Adam Bin Eden and his wife Eve ?

The Godson's?

Mr and Mrs Jehovason?

• Pete Zahut
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Goldsteinburg - pronounced "smith"

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Adam and Eve Johnson

So God's name is John then?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Adam Jah

Eve Snake

I thought God`s name was Harold as in "Harold be thy name"

Adam Hovah

Eve Nomansbitch

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

titch, I remember reading somewhere that the word/name adam just means "man" and the word/name eve just means "mother" or maybe "woman", and that as a result the (or "a"?) Jewish view is that the story(ies) in Genesis about them are meant as allegories (and that Adam and Eve were not historical persons). I am not sure if that idea I read is correct, but I think it might be since I noticed names of characters in Greek myths seemingly used that way. For example, the woman named Arachne who was a weaver who weaved story-like patterns into her items and is later turned into a spider (the first spider) by an angered goddess as punishment ("arachne" is the Greek word for "spider") and the story says that all other spiders are her offspring. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachne .

Also the man named Narcissus is said in a story to have fallen in love with himself. A nymph named Echo who loved him is punished by a goddess such that in speaking she can only do so by repeating the words (like an echo) of others (such as of Narcissus). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology) .

[If you think the biblical god character named Yahweh/Jehovah is mean and even evil (at least at times), a number of the Greek god characters (including goddesses) were far worse.]

I read the above Greek stories in the book called Bulfinch's Mythology and later in the book called Mythology by Edith Hamilton.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Using Luke 3:38 as the basis, in Greek Adam's full name would be, Ἀδὰμ τοῦ θεοῦ (Adam [son] of God). But in Hebrew it would be something like, 'Adam ben Elohim. Cain would be Qayin ben 'Adam.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Adam & Eve von Chimpanzee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit