JWs Were Right About Something

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They used to say the world governments would turn on religion. I think this part is coming true. However they also said since Jehovah’s Witnesses were going to be the only religion left the governments were going to focus on the “eyeball”of Jehovah, his people. Once they go after His Witnesses Jehovah God was going to obliterate them. I guess only time will tell but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Have the Witnesses ever been right on anything???

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think Governments are "turning on religion" at all, in any major way, yes a Hindu Government in India is making life Hell for its Muslim subjects, but that is not a general " turning on religion" as outlined by JW's.

What is happening is that people are demanding Human Rights, and more often than not some aspects of religions are denying people those rights.

Religious affiliation is falling fast in many Nations, even the benighted USA ! There is no need for Governments to deal harshly with religion in a general way, as it is moribund anyway.

So, as with Bible predictions of all sorts, or Bible based ones, the JW prediction in this case, has not, and IMHO will not, come true in the terms in which it is written.

• alanv
    alanv

They have been wrong about everything whenever they speak about the future. So much so, that now they say prophesy is best understood once it actually happens lol

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

theRevelator,

If you really believe everything you are taught as a Jehovah's Witness, and consider yourself among the "chosen" of Jehovah, then why are you commenting on a site that is obviously not in line with Watchtower teachings and is considered "apostate" by your ilk?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Yes, JWs are right that the bible is considered the word of God and Jesus DID exist.

That's all I got......

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

They were right when they made the statement

That religion is a snare and a racket.

But failed to realize it included themselves .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

just like everyone else.

Have the Witnesses ever been right on anything???

Yes.

1. Don't do something just because everyone else is doing it.

2. Don't worry about what outsiders think of you.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Government does not care about JW's except the part that they don't pay their taxes as they should as a business hiding as a charity. And the child abuse. Other then that, no one gives a rat's azz.

• minimus
    minimus

Overrated that could be the secret reason the governments go after God’s people. The Witnesses always find an excuse for being “persecuted “.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit