He went to the meeting today!

by HappyBlessedFree 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

So after almost 5 months of not attending meeting, today my husband decided to attend the special talk. I am sad, frustrated, nervous, but also hopeful that he will see something that he never did before . . . lies and manipulation.

I was reading Psalm 5 and broke out in tears. . .

Verse 2 “Heed the sound of my cry for help.”

4 “ For you are not a God that takes pleasure in wickedness. No evil dwells with you.”

6 “ You destroy those who speak falsehood.The Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.” 9 “ There is nothing reliable in what they say.Their inward part is destruction itself. Their throat is an open grave. They flatter with their tongue.”

10” Hold them guilty O God, by their own devices let them fall! In the multitude of their transgressions thrust them out. For they are rebellious against you.”

11 “But let all those who take refuge in you be glad, let them ever sing for joy, and may you shelter them. That those who love your name may exalt in you.”

• KimD
    KimD

Hopefully he will see the things that he never noticed before :) that is what happened to me. I would leave the hall so angry.....

Hang in there...I hope he is on his way to freedom.

Take care my friend

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Special Talk? Isn't that usually AFTER the memorial?

Regardless, as KimD said above, maybe he will see things that he never noticed before and get to thinking that something is just not right.

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Thank you KimD💕

Yes Aude, now it the week before the memorial.

So I can only imagine that they are love bombing him and wanting him to go out to lunch with them. While I’m sitting at home sick as a dog with the flu and my son threw up last night. Let’s see what he chooses. Praying for patience and endurance🙏🏻

And by the way one of his biggest complaints was that he never felt the love in the congregation. Ugggh!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Please keep us posted. I hope he sees sence. The jws normally store that by the exit....

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hopefully your husband had the same reaction as I did:

The "special" talk in the UK was a video presentation by a Bethelite speaker, and during the video, the speaker in the video stopped talking to introduce a video of two people's experience!

Mind-numbing electronic religion. (I watched it on the internet, by the way)

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

@The Fall Guy.

A videoed speaker? Whatever happened to audience contact? (as taught in the TM school in the past). How on earth can a videoed speaker interact with the people who are listening.... Don't they trust local elders to give these talks anymore?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I am sad, frustrated, nervous, but also hopeful that he will see something that he never did before . . . lies and manipulation.

The saying is, "There are none so blind as those who will not to see." If someone does not see the lies and manipulation it is only because they willfully refuse to see what is right in front of them. Even though both my parents are now dead which makes it easier to fade I went for other family members who are still in. The Bethel boring-as-hell speaker stated twice for added emphasis that only, "Baptized christian witnesses of Jehovah" will have everlasting life. Then he proceeded to try to prove that by reading John 17: 3. After reading it he went on to say that knowledge of Jehovah was the FIRST step, the second was...wait for it...not knowledge of Jesus who was sent forth, but...here it comes...GOING TO MEETINGS!! Steps three through five were nothing about Jesus Christ either, just what a person had to do to make more members. Of course the chairman concluded with the mandated spiel about asking for a study with JDubs and go to Jay Double U dot Org for answers to Bible questions. In all it was nothing other than a 30 minute sales and recruitment seminar.

I hope more people will choose to open their eyes and see.

• steve2
    steve2

It can be hard when you as a couple stop going to meetings then out of the blue he decides to go back to a meeting. Was your husband clear about why he was no longer going to meetings? One impression I get is that if people are not themselves clear about why they stop going to meetings, they are prone to going back,

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Wow Fedup! That is interesting. Sounds like a completely uninspiring talk! Thanks for letting me know it actually eases my mind a bit.

Thank you all for your support ❤️👍🏼

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit