If you think Watchtower is disappearing any time soon…

by Reservations 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Also bear in mind that 1844 date is also referred to as the great disappointment. So its been openly acknowledged that the date was wrong for the end of the world. also this 1844 date was only one, of a couple of predictions, that proved to be false. The invisible presence had to be adopted by Miller just to save face. Interestingly, to this day, the SDA will openly acknowledge that this 1844 date was wrong regarding the end of world, but the beginning of the tarrying work (sheep and goats). This belief also is paralleled with the JWs.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

armageddon might come within 5 years!!! 🤯😑😑

PIMO Life from reddit poster

an elder in my hall recently told my parents that he believes armageddon will come very soon! in 5 years or less actually! shocker. we are living in the last of the last of the last of the last days, after all! my poor 9 year old brother asked me what grade he’ll be in in 5 years and i told him he’ll be a freshman in high school. when i asked why he said “because (elder) said the paradise will come then!” disgusts me that these people make my brother believe this bs. i’m 22 and pimo and this just makes me sick. like where did this 5 years come from? why would he be spreading around such a specific number lmao. these people are insane.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/pojze5/armageddon_might_come_within_5_years/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ha! To me, this speaks to low apocalyptic expectations among JWs these days. I’m sure I can remember a time when anyone who suggested Armageddon was as much as five years away would have been met with astonishment that they put it so far in the future!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pretty sure they're at least "plateauing"; take every number they give out with a Gibraltor-sized pile of salt.

And when I say "decline", I'm mostly referring to their influence and security.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    We need to put in perspective the decrease from the 2020 report. It was 0.6%

Here is the thing. First the decline depends on the children of existing Jdubs, because the only people getting baptized are the kids. Now, we know that more and more kids are opting not to join, so we know that over a longer period of time, the decline will accentuate -- no doubt about it.

Another thing is that unfortunately we have to rely on the Org's numbers to see this, and we know the Org hates showing anything negative. So if the numbers show 0.6% decline, this likely means a lot more considering the creative numbers massaging that the Org does. If the numbers become too bad, I suspect the Org will stop reporting altogether under some BS reason.

I suspect the Zoom thing is bad for the Org. The social connection is the one thing holding the house of cards together and given enough time, Zoom won't cut it anymore. The Org will need to resume in person meetings and if they don't, this will spell disaster for them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When I first was studying to be a JW I was told that this "old system" has only about 5 more years left to run.

And that was way back in 1960.

Of course way back then in 1969? the "Life Everlasting" book? regurgitated the 6000 years BS and the expectations arose about the end coming in 1975.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    armageddon might come within 5 years

Here's a deep, dark, secret....Armageddon is always "5 years away" (or less), and it's been like that for well over a century.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If You Think WT Is Disappearing Anytime Soon...

Do not underestimate the influence and clout of Gen Z...those who were born between 1997 and 2012 and who are the young JWs being baptized currently who range in age between 9 and 16. Note this interesting quote:

"What dolts like Splane and the fossil GB cannot fathom is that the younger generations (Gen Z) have two brains, the one they are born with and the one it plugs into called Yoda Google with all the answers in the world just a keystroke away 24/7/365 worldwide. Not sure about something? Ask Google. Very simple!"

Basically, GenZers will more than likely be the generation to reveal the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses with their pants (👖) down. It is second nature for this Generation Z to navigate their way through the internet. These young ones live by the following mindset effortlessly: "Not sure about something? Ask Google. Very simple!"

In a few short years, WT's dirtiest & darkest secrets they've worked soo hard to keep hidden...thanks to the GenZers will be public knowledge even to most If not all generations of JWs.

These young ones WT is so desperate to get baptized will soon become 'Mother's' achilles heel...Yay!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This modern generation aren’t as afraid to google as we were.

• Davros
    Davros

If the WT does fall, then how can a certain individual (cough cough) continue to be the self appointed head apostate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit