I Think I have Found a Way to Litigate

by Simon Templar 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yelling "shunning and ostracizing are unconstitutional!" (or somesuch) won't get much traction.

Frankly, you'd probably get better results just by saying calmly "the Org breaks up families over ideological issues, which is highly unethical".

It'd definitely immunize far more potential "interested ones" than the former.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

It is true to a degree that we all know better. There is never a 100% free will decision from the part of JW to shun. The WT influence is all over. The question is not wether it is true or not. Valid or invalid. The question is how to prove it in a court. The odds is what is against you, not the truth. This would kind of like the civil rights movement. It took decades of arguing and multiple deaths to finally wake up to the obvious. Society is totally immune to these things because most people think they are 100% in control of their lives. They have a hard time waking up to their own realities, much less are they ready to accept and sympathize with yours or ours. Even the therapist that i have seen, being a university professor with more than 30 years of experience in the therapy field, had a hard time understanding that JW are a cult. Even when he began to see it he still excused them saying that they are not Jim Jones. I even talked to my sister in law and tried to show her how they are abusing her mother. How she tried to give them everything she has left (financially) but still was not enough for her to start paying more attention. Think about ISIS. Only and barely now we are beginning (as a society) to understand that it is a battle of ideas. Government still wants to nuke them.

Before any legal bodies or government institutions even begin to consider the possibilities of establishing protections against the destructive influence of cults, we would have to awaken the society as a whole. Even those who are not in cults. Given the current political divide, we are far, far from reaching that point. We are just unable to put ourselves in other people's shoes.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

How does this keep all the Strait as an Arrow JWs for never talking to you again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit