silly observations from that '1975' video...

by undercover 8 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Okay, so everyone is bent out of shape about how the WTS is re-writing their history on their past failed predictions (1975). Other threads deal in all the evidence to tear apart their shameless propaganda, so I won't dwell on that here.

But, what I will do is list a couple of observations, silly as they are, that aren't about the propaganda so much as it is about the set design, and costume design. Feel free to add to the list.

Early scene where the wife is dying. I'm guessing it's supposed to be in the 60s sometime, but it looks more like a depression era film. Stark rooms, with no art on the walls, no color to brighten things up. Looks like a scene from the Robert de Niro parts of the Godfather.

I read a post about the husband pulling up just short of kissing his dead wife. The comment I read was about the JW actor kissing someone not his wife, playing the dead wife, therefore it had to be stopped short.. I didn't see that. I saw an ever so subtle nod to the JW belief of not worshipping the dead. Kissing a dead body would be a no no in the strictest interpretation of JW law.

Now, let's fast forward a few years. Our film's hero, when he was still a young widower, is attending the KH all by his lonesome. Notice anything? Remember this is prior to 1975... he's doing his damndest to stay alive till then... But look! He's wearing fashionable (for 1974 anyway) suits/shirts/ties. Colored dress shirts, with loud (for a dub) ties. I guaran-damn-tee you that back in 1974, had a brother come into the hall dressing like this, he would have gotten an invite to the back room for a grooming reminder. (I know I did) Yet, there's a WTS version of Edith Head in JW.org productions dressing this guy up like he's hip and cool, just like all young JW widowers...

Even his haircut was daring. Sure, it's okay for a JW teenager of 74, but not a grown man, who should be reaching out for privileges. (sidebar - I remember as teenagers, one elder went around and pulled on our hair, If he could get a good hold on it, he'd say, 'time for a haircut'. Bastard)

I got the distinct impression that our JW lead man was supposed to be on the daring side of JWism. Stylish clothes (as such could exist in those days). Daring haircut (again, as such as could be had during the days of hippies and disco). And most of all - not going along with the 1975 hysteria. Yes - our hero of the film dared to be different. Instead of eventually going inactive, or apostate, he became the voice of reason to all JWs left in the fold.

• millie210
    millie210

I got a kick out of the paisley dress the sister was wearing and the green Bible. Oh yes, and the 6 inch wide hair band!

(As if THAT doesnt pin down the time frame they want people to think about!)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I noticed that very early in the video, probably only after the first 10 seconds or so, I felt the need to puke.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I too noticed the "time" discrepancies you noticed. They even employed a sepia tone effect to make it seem as if they were talking about a less modern time than the 1960-1970's.

I noticed too that the man playing the widowed grandfather wouldn't have been old enough to have been a young married father in the time period they were depicting.

I had to laugh when after the grandfather spoke about having to resist going overboard about the end times trend, the grandson said something to the effect " Oh Grandpa, I had no idea you had to had to endure so much"

These videos are so full of (not-so)subliminal messages. anyone with half a brain can spot them. I imagine there'll be a lot of younger ones rolling their eyes so far back in their heads, they'll be able to see their own brains (and hopefully remember to use them)

• never a jw
    never a jw

The wife was not dead. Pay attention at how she opens her eyes when the face of hubby gets to close to her face. Almost like saying: "what the f*** are you doing?"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I noticed too that the man playing the widowed grandfather wouldn't have been old enough to have been a young married father in the time period they were depicting.

Yes, he would have been a young widower in *at least* the late seventies, early eighties. 60s? He would have been a kid himself. Way after '75 anyways.

I noticed the " you've endured so much grandfather". Not because his wife died but because of '75.

They fail to say the whole debacle was started by one man, a future president of wtbts, fairly high on the autistic spectrum I would imagine, who imagined he could decern that the end of the world was gonna happen in the *October* of 1975, no less!

• Chook
    Chook

It's this whole addiction to modern media is what will bring them undone. When the GB were more behind the scenes in decades past there was a mystic persona surrounding them, now Bro Lett and his fellow actors are prime time tv for 8 million minds asking themselves is he really going to be jesus's right hand man. Warwick via JW.org is going to provide non stop circus events, we will start with the disappearance of year 1975 , this media apparatus will nail their coffin. Even the most devoted will sneak a look at Google and add key word after JW , then bam , as they read hundreds of experiences one will have an epiphany . Information is always king when governments are over thrown.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Where can I see this video?

• tiki
    tiki

Omg...I am so glad I only see stuff here...that just sounds so obnoxious and idiotic.......ugh....the lengths they are going to to whitewash their tomb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit