Watchtower talking bad about other religions

by asp59 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

Do you remember the time when every watchtower article seemed like a boasting session? How great watchtower was. They we're the only one with Holy spirit. Specially chosen and approved by God. Only org that was doing Gods will on earth 😂. Super embarrassing when I think about it now. But how come they stopped with does articles? Last 25 years it's been most about things to improve in congregations.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Yes, I notice that too! Watchtower would boast about this and that. Now it seems they boast about their made up increase which those in the know, no one is coming into the Org and alot are bleeding out.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Watchtower talking bad about other religions,

I was just thinking about that the other day when I heard someone use the phrase "so called".

It reminded me of how that term was frequently used in a derogatory way in the literature, toward other religions.

• We know these "so called" Religious Leaders today are meddling in politics.
    • These "so called" Bible Scholars are having their eyes blinded by Satan
    • "So called" Christians today prefer to have their ears tickled instead of hearing the truth.
  • Abraham1
    Abraham1
    Regarding a pagan, Jesus said: "When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. " (Mathew 8:10) Such instances are there at least four numbers--showing they are only sample and Jesus consistently praised good wherever it was found--whether it is pagan or not.

But JWs can never even think of doing such a thing!

• waton
    waton

how about the slim book wt published on the beliefs of other major religions, (search for god ?) was that not quite polemic free?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They used to have items slamming the Catholic Church over abuse cases. Not so much these days. It might be interesting to chart how many such items there were and when they stopped.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I still hear my mom and my mother in law criticize the catholic church as if they're full of demons. I usually don't interject until they personally attack a specific priest. Then the conversation often becomes: Well, even if he is a good person, he's victim of his religion.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Only we have knowledge of the deeper things of the bible, Jehovah granted us insight of his purpose that bible scholars and theologians don't possess.

• jhine
    jhine

It seems as if individual JWs still diss other religions. l got this reply on Quora. I assume that research means reading WT publications

• jhine
    jhine

Btw everything that l had written was true . I think that it hit home and maybe some cognitive dissonance was at work.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit