I'm feeling cold

by Lost in the fog 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

When I was a JW I would look to the Bible or the WT Society to answer all of my problems.

Now as an older person I get cold in the wintertime and have trouble getting warm down to bad circulation.

I found an answer in the Bible at 1 Kings 1:2, but I don't think my PIMI wife will let me apply this Bible principle. Lol.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œAnything to do with a certain king David and a girl with the worst name in the history of giving names to pretty girls??!

I think you're thinking of the "manwhich" Bible principal ๐Ÿ˜‚

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

If this is the bible verse about david having a young woman between the sheets to keep him warm..well ive got the same thing. If i were 40..she would be in her teens.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Workmate had the right perspective on that. " how terrible a thing to do to a girl, smelly lecherous old man, and then not even being allowed to marry after"

The shiningiest example they use, too, for every man to strive for. Along with Paul's hatred of marriage and lack of sex drive

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

smelly lecherous old man, and then not even being allowed to marry after"

its ok--i dont smell too much--and we are very happily married..

lecherous old man ? yep..trust me.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Don't fool yourselves, back in those days pretty much EVERYONE was smelly, young or old, pretty or ugly alike.

Without constant bathing with soaps and body washes, deodorants and talcs, lotions, perfumes and colognes, dental hygiene aids, etc., we would all smell like farm animals.

Being a king and waited on hand and foot, David was probably one of the better smelling people back then.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Stan the man livedeath: Dont worry Road to no where is only jealous at what he ainโ€™t got. Lol

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Brock Talon, Im sure they made her smell especially good.

Yeah I suppose David has caused a lot of offense. I never experienced the combination of being a believer and being under legalism (my faith came after my JW experience), but David got off easy and is more a Conan the barbarian than a saint. On the other hand as a wretched sinner with my share of sins, I can sympatize with David and enjoy the grace given to him. If I was king oh man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit