Who else provides all this spiritual food?

by StephaneLaliberte 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

But the Witness books are written so that a simpleton can understand them! God loves simpletons, too, you know.

I found myself trying to squeeze deepness out of those mid-week book studies but it just wasn't there. When it comes down to "food for thought" the Catholics win, hands down!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

And an open secret in the writing department is that the Bethel library contains loads of reference works written by those in Christendom, and they benefit from their research, except where it contradicts JW theology.

• menrov
    menrov

Regardless the denomination, why write so much? Would the scriptures not be enough? Unless the aim is to control and confuse people by writing so many books etc.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good thread Stephane. I realised after leaving that the JWs have taken the Catholic and Protestant beliefs and simply called them different names.

So the doctrine of Redemption became the Ransom, Easter became the Memorial. They knocked a bit of wood off and the teaching of the Crucifixion became the torture stake.

Original Sin became Imperfection and a stupid allegory about an electric fan!

The clergy laity divide which they deny exists is obviously the elders and the r+f. We know who the pope, cardinals, archbishops are!

They copied Christendom who they criticise and then made themselves stand out by dropping holidays and refusing blood transfusions.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Amen Xanthippe!

Easter became the Memorial.

They even follow the modern custom of buying new outfits, dressing extra spiffy and posting social media pics during "memorial season".

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Regardless the denomination, why write so much?

The answer is: Gods natural language is silence........... everything else is a bad translation of that silence.

Hence the reason there is so much religious junk writing in circulation.......... be it any holy book like the bible, the Koran, the book of Mormon all are altered to fit a preexisting conclusion......to tie together natural cultural traditions. To impose it's own standards so that the people who are running things have the power and wealth.

Stay away from the god of silence and any religion that writes what they think he might have said for their own benefit.

The dumber the religion the more dangerous it is.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They pick up popular ideas and run with them. Remember the " way" talks and articles? Then the charismatic religions came with the same, even naming a bible translation that. At the time I thought there was copying going on, but misunderstood who did the copying. They used to quote things like Vines, now they just say " a bible scholar", probably meaning freddy, or else a half quote from something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit