JW's Not Members anymore but Individuals

by pistolpete 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Was speaking to a family member last night and they were excited about a announcement being made at the field service zoom arrangements , about letter writing to the public I said you need to be careful about the data protection act .

Now they are no longer member's but individuals a letter is sent by them as a individual and not a member of a organisation (JW.org) they probably feel they can bypass that law .as they possibly feel it would be unlikely that they would go after individuals for breach of this law .

• St George of England
    St George of England

JW's can now request a "territory" to be assigned for them to work. This was announced at our field service meeting last Saturday. It followed another early morning elders ZOOM meeting with the CO. It was emphasised once again that this is the publishers own personal ministry.

So if anything should go wrong, don't call the Branch Office, it's nothing to do with them. This is YOUR own personal ministry.

George

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

A lotta speculation with no proof of the change. I will reserve comment until i see proof.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Does this mean we can no longer be dismembered? Fellowship was and us a farce

• Overrated
    Overrated

Since we are only "part" of the Org, We should be able to leave at will at anytime we choose without any terms. Our Dedication can be discharged at will with no strings attached.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Just sayin'

(Matthew 18:20) . . .For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.. . .

(John 17:11) . . .“Also, I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are. . .

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB and their disgusting, pedophile protecting Lawyer scum are deserving of nothing but disrespect and need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, preferably sued out of existence.

The Rank and File have no protection from MOTHER, and they are on their own. If they get killed at a Trolley cart, or kidnapped/murdered in service, then too bad. They were acting as “individuals” in their “personal ministry.”

DD

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

DD,

You got it. The lawyers are hoping that by using terms like "personal ministry" and "individuals" rather than "members", they can weasel out of financial accountability when bad things happen.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The lawyers are hoping that by using terms like "personal ministry" and "individuals" rather than "members", they can weasel out of financial accountability when bad things happen.

Was thinking the same thing

• under the radar
    under the radar

You can bet there is some legal reason for this change. Probably has to do with lawsuits over liability or some such. It all boils down to protecting their financial assets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit