Believe almost nothing

by Brummie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

I believe in my own power and that's not very much. Stinkypantz, you have much power, just accept and use it.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Its easy to be looking for another structure or system of belief when one has been mentally regulated in the way of a cult from a young age. Our mindset is one of belonging to a group, there is nothing and no value in "individuality" according to our former mindset...dur. Its hard to shake that structured mindset off sometimes.

"If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything" is another statement that keeps us going through the maze of "spirituality" looking for something to believe in. I am a spiritual person sometimes but mostly I'm just me. Going through the maze of beliefs just leads to an headache, its all been disappointing and seemingly worthless. Anyhow, after getting to the end of the maze I have finally discovered it leads to pure hedonism....lol @ xena.

Thank you all, you all rock.

Brummie

• wednesday
    wednesday

i think i believe in leading a moral life, and helping your fellow man along the way. have as much fun as u can, b/c when we die, we sleep. Don't harm the earth, and help the next generation with whatever wisdom u may have acquired. I think the 10 commandents are close enough.

so far that is all i can come up with. I'm still looking into it though.

weds

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

look inside yourself. you have all the answers. there is no need to "believe" in anyone or anything. develop your own personal relationship with the divine. stop looking for some'body' to show you the path.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider
    tolerate everything that is harmless to others.

Brummie, that sounds pretty good to me.

Right is right, Do no harm, allow no harm.

=}>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thunder

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"Integrity doesn't need rules" - Albert Camus

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

"Don't hurt anybody and don't take their stuff", as I once heard a Libertarian candidate put it quite simply. Family and friends are the most important things anyone can have in their life and should be treated as such. I don't follow any religion because as soon as some human holds up a book and says "this book tells you how to live" and then proceeds to insert his/her own interpretation of said instructions, well that goes against what is contained within said book.

Mike.

• John Barleycorn
    John Barleycorn

that sounds a lot like the Wiccan Rede:

Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: An' it harm none, Do what Ye Will.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

"Get in the pit and try and love someone!"

The profound wisdom of Kid Rock

• jwbot
    jwbot

Well, I am sort of anti-religion at this point, but pro-spirituality.

I just believe in true equality, thats my core belief, thats about it for me :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit