Is it because of Pride or Loyalty?

by joey jojo 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Clearly the internet has changed everything.[for WT]

Nothing truer ever spoken

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

Quite true about pride and loyalty in face of many calculated false doctrines.

Much of which that has been strategical built into the indoctrination process by the WTS. as a means to protect the standing membership of the organization.

When the GB men say or proclaim something " God has spoken "

if you criticized these doctrinal proclamations, your with Satan an apostate opposer.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

What happened to 1914? Any real admission of falsehood or just implied?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    Regarding the 1914 teaching, I meant that they scrapped the original belief that some alive in 1914 would still be alive at the end. I was referring to the overlapping generation change, or - 'how to move the goal posts and hope nobody notices' change.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

What a great Thread and a thoughtful opening Post Joey jojo !

I think the main two reasons are as you say, either Pride of Loyalty, plus a dash of the Mind Control working too.

The Mind Control works because first off , their minds are switched to " Protect" mode, so that any info. that comes their way that might be disturbing is dismissed as " Apostate lies", or they fend off thoughts by applying the "answer" fed to them by the Org, an answer easily proven to be wrong with minimum research, but they are taught not to do that either.

This self-inflicted ignorance, coupled with Pride and Loyalty, again personality traits that have been fostered by the Org, make it almost impossible for them to wake up. We see the same thing in operation in Political Cults as well.

I do not judge individuals harshly for this, I was one of those people for decades, never too proud to admit I was wrong, or the Org was, but I had a loyalty to the Org, being born in, and I was woefully ignorant, until the Internet helped and educated me.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I agree with the sunk cost. I've heard from older witnesses that said they had too much invested to go to something else and they just keep plodding on faithfully until death.

Also, I believe it takes humility to realize you have been fooled. I remember when I woke up I was angry that my grand parents, my parents, my brothers and sisters, and myself had been fooled. How could we be so stupid? We were the cream of the congregation, the mature Christians, ones looked up to for having the answers.

https://youtu.be/b8E6vFwGiI0

• Overrated
    Overrated

Once one develops critical thinking and asks the questions then, you come to the conclusion that your intelligence has been insulted. Which opens a huge box of questions. Watchtower can't or will not answer. Can no longer view them as credible.

• Simon
    Simon

Change is hard, most people have some kind of "momentum" to their life that makes them repeat the same choices, for good or bad.

People stay with service providers even though there are better, cheaper options, because switching requires effort.

People stay in jobs they dislike because they fear the risk and unknown of switching, even though it may be a fantastic move if they tried it.

JWs stay in the religion because it's all they may know, and they have let family relationships wither and die so have no-one on the outside.

It's why it's important for us not to be "the enemy" and treat JWs as though we're at war with them. People need to see that there are those who left who are successful and made it work and willing to help them on their journey.

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

The JWS indoctrination process includes the teachings that all other Christian based faiths are unrighteous (false religion) ruined by association with paganism.

This acceptance of we are more righteous and therefore carry a closer relationship with god Jehovah among all other practicing Christian faiths gets structurally rooted in their beliefs.

Even to point well we may have made some slight mistakes but we are still god's chosen organization here on earth nevertheless.

Are you loyal to Jehovah and his spiritually directed earthly organization ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Are you loyal to Jehovah and his spiritually directed earthly organization ? " That is the " Loyalty" question you must not answer to Elders when you are found to be waking up !

When I left I was convinced I could be " Loyal to Jehovah" but still detach from what I now knew was not His Organization. The second part of that question is "Leading language" , a typical mind control technique, it takes as a given that the JW org is god's org, not proven !

If you are still in the Org and reading this, please get over whatever holds you captive within it, and free yourself ! Freedom of mind and action is just the most wonderful thing !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit