Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek RIP

by peacefulpete 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

While I enjoyed Eddie's music, Ric was quite important to me. My best memories of my youth were to a Cars soundtrack. My first "naughty" car (Tr7) had a cassette player precariously balanced in the hole in the dash and the Cars were in it more than anything else.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I feel so old now.

I had an X-1/9

• stillin
    stillin

I had a TR-4. Wish I still did! I missed the cars when they were hot, but once I discovered them I played their music all the time.

• blondie
    blondie

I feel so old too. I wonder how many of us were alive when Eddie Money and the Cars first appeared?

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

"Her tits were shaken till the middle of the night" That girl was shaking

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I had forgotten about that line Eddie slipped in....I was just reading that he said it cost him a lot of money in lost airplay.

Ric seemed like a truly nice guy. And proof there was hope for tall dorky looking guys....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My god, I am feeling really old. I keep thinking that these guys who were just a few years older than me were in their 50's. Actually they are/were in their 70's ..... where has the time gone? I guess looking at my DOB on my drivers license won't make me feel any better.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Take me home tonight, it’s magic.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Ruba - EXACTLY how I feel.

So much lost life "just getting things over with" cuz paradise is coming next week.
    Talk about never living in the moment and pissing time away. What a waste:(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit