Governing Body Update 3 video on resuming meetings in person

by psyco 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• psyco
    psyco

Regarding the Governing Body Update 3 video on resuming meetings in person, I am wondering:

what is the purpose of wearing masks and to sit keeping distances if you shake hands and hug each other before and after the meetings?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well......you are not supposed to shake hands and hug...... not around here anyway.

( I wonder if they do though?) I’ve not been.!

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for posting this Psyco. That's a good question They are showing everyone in the video hugging, crying and kissing. For some reason, they are all wearing masks, except for the speaker, who takes his off in a video clip.

They state, just as many Governments are at the moment, that we have to learn to live with the virus. This, Jackson says, is because we have a vaccine and new ways of treating the virus.

It can't be good wearing a mask for over two hours.

No doubt, JWs aren't questioning any of this.

Apparently, it's all about having Jehovah's or is it Jesus' direction?

This is what Jackson says on the Update No. 3 2022 video regarding going back to in person meetings.

"The Governing Body really felt Jehovah's direction when making that decision and we were excited to share it. Less than 2 hours after our meeting, the Breaking News was posted"

It's interesting that they claim to have a 'feeling' that Jehovah was giving them direction to go back to meetings on April 1 as the Governing Body were meeting together.

I guess they forgot what they had just agreed to in the July 22 Watchtower, that it was Jesus who was giving them clear direction regarding Covid instructions.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

It's not direction from God or Christ.

The G.B. members conduct a seance every week and receive insights from dead anointed JW's:

re chap. 20 p. 125 par. 17 - ...resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

• Listener
    Listener
    • The GB also printed something similar in the w07 1/1 pp. 25-30 - The Watchtower—2007

It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

They use those 'get out free' words like 'may' and 'seems' once too many because by doing so in these instances they are admitting that they don't know who is actually doing the communicating.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I think it was more like, " hey all the other churches have been open for over a year with no problems, and besides donations have been down. Time to reopen"

• blondie
    blondie

Listener, "seems" or "evidently" or "from this we can see" are words that mean "we have no proof of this scripturally, but."

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It is too early to spot trends but (WT trademark word) first meetings showed 30 to 40 on zoom, memorial 20 odd, last midweek the chairman commented on sparce in person audience and zoom showed 50 or more.

I have yet to attend in person but probably will for appearances sake. There are legitimate health concerns to stay home.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

It is significant that it was said that the "Governing Body really felt Jehovah's direction", since that amounts to saying that the Governing Body really felt INSPIRED by Jehovah. In the past a number of times the WT said the Governing Body didn't claim to be inspired, but in the video it was reported that they received inspiration.

BoogerMan and Listener, thanks for making those quotes of the WT claiming to receive communication from resurrected ones in heaven. That is because if reminds me of the WT's former use of Greber's translation (so-called) of the NT. Greber (whose wife claimed to be a spirit medium) claims that his translation was aided by communication (through Greber's wife as a spirit medium) from "God's Spirit World"!

Also, those quotes of the WT claiming to receive communication from resurrected ones in heaven reminds me than I first rest such in the Revelation Climax book, the claim seemed very strange to me. I think it was one the things which contributed to me having doubts that the WT/JW religion is "The Truth".

The WT has produced articles saying it is a sin of spiritism/spiritualism to try to communicate (even by prayer) with spirits of humans, including holy ones that people (such as Catholics) believe are in heaven (such as Mary the mother of Jesus), yet the WT claims to receive communication/direction from Br. Russell and others whom the WT claims have been resurrected as spirits to heaven!

When the Governing Body of the JW's supposedly think they are receiving communication from the supposedly resurrected anointed ones in heaven, do they follow the advice in the letter of 1 John 4:1 - 3 about testing the spirits, by asking them if Jesus Christ came in the flesh?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

At 1 John chapter 4 the NWT instead of saying "every spirit" (as in the NKJV) says "every inspired expression". Since they interpret the wording in that chapter in that way, I guess that means they don't follow the advice in that chapter about testing the spirits to see if they are of God instead of the antichrist!

Correction: In my prior post where I said "I first rest such" I meant to say "I first read such".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit