The Fugitive, with David Janssen on Youtube

by Wasanelder Once 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey oldsters, remember the TV series from the sixties? David Janssen was born to play that part. I was 7 when it first aired. My mom was addicted to the show. I found its on YouTube. Best to put an ad blocker on your Mozilla Firefox so you can watch it without commercials. Each episode had 4 acts and an epilogue. I hope you liked it. If so, take a look. If you are too young to remember check it out. The final episodes (2 episodes) concluded the series and were the most watched tv show for over ten years. Any comments about the show?

Seasons 1 is here. Each episode is complete.

1 here

2 through 4 are here

:are here.

Season 3 episodes are complete

the epilogues are cut short on season 4.

Season 4 epilogue of final show here:

Epilouge

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm not an "oldster", at least not old enough to have been watching in the 60's, but I watched reruns when I was a kid in the 80's, maybe in the early 90s as I went into high school years. I just caught it in whatever order I found it and whatever times I got to watch it but I remember it being a good show. I liked the movie too when it came out. Honestly I just remember the overarching story at this point, the one armed man, etc. Looks like quite a commitment to watch all of that but that's a good find.

• Ding
    Ding

I agree.

I watched them in the 1960s and I'm watching them again on MeTV.

David Janssen was perfect as Richard Kimble.

Barry Morse was also superb as Lieutenant Gerard.

I heard an interview with Morse years ago. He said, "Off camera, David was very friendly and relaxed, but as soon as the director called, 'Action,' he was instantly in character, looking back over his shoulder and looking worried that I was hot on his trail. He always liked it when I was in the episode, though, because I was in a lot of the scenes, which meant he didn't have to carry as much of the load."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That brings back memories ,good lord

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I too remember it well. It was one of those shows that was always talked about the next day at school. They've been re-running it on the 'CBS Justice' channel (39) here in the UK for some time, along with the original Mission Impossible series.

• titch
    titch

Yep, sure do remember "The Fugitive". As a little bit of trivia, the final episode in which Kimball confronts the One-Armed Man, was filmed at an amusement park in Santa Monica, CA, called Pacific Ocean Park. I, along with my brother and dad, went to P.O.P a few times, the last time being in May of 1967. We watched the final episode in a hotel room in Bakersfield California. My parents and I, along with my brother, were returning from a camping trip near Yosemite National Park. It was getting late, and my dad didn't want to "push on" to Southern California. So, knowing that we REALLY wanted to watch the episode, found a hotel in Bakersfield, and stayed the night. So, that's where we watched it. Best Regards, all.

Titch.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Richard Kimble (the character) always came across as a likable fella...many say he was like that in general. I read on Google that he died young (maybe 48) of a heart attack. As they say...'The good die young'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit