The next big JW scandals!!! Atleast in Australia...

by TheApostleAK 9 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

1) JW's having wedding receptions at R.S.L. halls (I know of 2 such weddings where everyone from C.O.'s to R&F were invited).

2) JW's claiming the dole from Centrelink and not looking for work (at all) but going out in field service instead.

Next!?

AK

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Why the excitement AK ?- it's not exactly what would be termed a revelation.

There's not much of a living to be made from selling religious crap, so the brothers might as well get some governmental support in that all-important work.

The RSL halls - sure the dubs don't support war, but those old soldiers certainly have some good facilities for wedding receptions.

Summary: the worthless pricks will use the system when it suits them and it's to their advantage.

cheeses - who has witnessed much of their hypocrisy.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ummm, ya gotta help us Yankees out...what's RSL Hall?????

The taking the public dole thingy...not unusual here in the states...religion notwithstanding. My wife's sister and her hubby....well, when ya get to their grand kids...FOUR generations on Welfare....FOUR...I even remember listening to our brother-in-law instructing his son how to get more benefits...made me sick as I pay by tax dollars.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

RSL = Returned Soldiers League. Groups of former serving members of the military in local community groups, and, over the many years since its formation, many of these groups have become 'clubs' with meeting facilities providing entertainment for their community and their members.

cheeses - a social member of Ballina RSL.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

AK,

You're writing as if these things are the very latest, but I can assure you that it's very old news! These things have been part of Dubdom in Oz for many, many years now.

Now, we would like to hear of the next big scandal. Do tell!

Cheers, Ozzie

P.S. Yeru, RSL stands for Returned Services League, a very important and well-regarded organisation of returned military service personnel.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

I'm going thru therapy at the moment and all these things are coming back to mind...just like to share them..

Ok, i'll tone down the subject line!

AK

• blondie
    blondie

Eh, JWs in my area (US) have been having receptions at the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) halls for years. Last one was an elder's daughter.

I knew of a brother who routinely went on the unemployment in the winter and turned down construction jobs that were offered him finding some excuse or another. He bragged about it.

I knew of a brother who was designated permanently disabled and could not work in his construction field who routinely worked at quick builds.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

AK,

Blessings to you!

So many have suffered from the borg!

Cheers, Ozzie

• garybuss
    garybuss

We routinely had circuit assemblies in National Guard Armories here in SD with tanks and big guns on trailers sitting beside the buildings and every flag imaginable flying outside as well as displayed inside. Walls hung with pictures of present and past political officials and the trophy cases were filled with war souvenirs and awards. This was back in the 1950's and 60's.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    1) JW's having wedding receptions at R.S.L. halls (I know of 2 such weddings where everyone from C.O.'s to R&F were invited).

Scandal? Dubs I know have been attending the RSL for years. I know many who are members. And claiming the dole and pioneering? Thats all part of the great Aussie dub lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit