JW's Are All About Free Will Now

by pale.emperor 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

From the January 2017 Watchtower:

First paragraph reads: WHEN faced with making a personal choice, one woman told a friend: “Do not make me think; just tell me what to do. That is easier.” The woman preferred being told what to do instead of using a precious gift from her Creator, the gift of free will. What about you? Do you like making your own decisions, or do you prefer that others decide for you? How do you view the matter of free will?

This all sounds very nice, but then the study goes on to basically say free will is great, so make sure you use it the way Jehovah (or the bOrg) tell you.

13 All of us have freedom of choice regarding associations, styles of dress and grooming, and entertainment. However, our freedom could become “a cover for doing wrong” if we chose to become slaves of our own fleshly desires or if we adopted the disgraceful fads and trends of the world. (Read 1 Peter 2:16.) Instead of using our freedom “as an opportunity to pursue fleshly desires,” we want to be determined to make choices that help us to heed the admonition: “Do all things for God’s glory.”Gal. 5:13; 1 Cor. 10:31.

14 Another way to guard our gift of free will is to put our trust in Jehovah and let him guide us within the protective boundaries that he has set for us. He alone is ‘the One teaching us to benefit ourselves, the One guiding us in the way we should walk.’ (Isa. 48:17) We must humbly acknowledge the truthfulness of the inspired words: “Man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jer. 10:23) May we never fall into the trap of choosing to rely on our own understanding, as did Adam and the rebellious Israelites. Instead, may we “trust in Jehovah with all [our] heart.”Prov. 3:5.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sure, the rank-and-file can exercise "free will"...

...and the Org exercises its "free will" to kick them to the curb if they do it too much.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Each of us can choose to do what the GB tells us or not.

Wonderful, free choice.

"Choose to do exactly what you are told to do, and you will be the wise one"

• Saename
    Saename

The perfect way to enslave people: tell them they have the free will to do things but will die if they disobey their superiors. Then this free will becomes just an illusion that in actuality keeps people enslaved.

• sir82
    sir82

I've never really understood this idea of "free will" as presented by JWs (and, frankly, any other fundy group).

God: "You've got free will! Choose what you wish. Of course, if you make the wrong decision, I'll slaughter you and/or torture you forever."

It's as "free" as my choice when an armed bandit demands "your money or life". Of course I am "free" to choose to surrender my life, but that's not much of an option, is it?

• Wayward
    Wayward

Free will stops being free will when someone is too scared to make their own choices and decisions because if they do, they lose their families. That's coercion and a form of slavery. "Do what we say or we take away your family." "Worship me, adore me, bow down to me or I roast you at Armageddon." How is that free will?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

To better understand what free will means for true christians let us not forget that Jesus used the word "other sheep" to picture his followers. According to a worldly definition of sheep taken applied in the financial sector:

„An investor who lacks a focused trading strategy and trades on emotion and the suggestions of others, including friends, family and financial gurus. This type of investor often makes rash investments without first determining whether these decisions are financially viable. The behavior of sheep contrasts with that of bulls and bears, who have focused views about the market. Like a sheep, this type of investor is a follower, relying on a shepherd for guidance. These shepherds can come in the form of financial pundits or the latest trend or market story. Sheep-like investors are often the last to get in on a major market move, such as the tech boom of the late '90s, because they base their investments on what is being talked about the most. Many experts believe that sheep-like investors are the most likely to sustain investment losses because they have no clear investment strategy."

Our shepherd Christ doubtless pictured christians as sheep in the greater fulfillment. The bellwether are a remnant of "Anointed Ones" who shepherd over and thus lead the free will of the sheep. The other sheep are followers, relying on the bell-wether for guidance. Other sheep can demonstrate sensful usage of free will by sustain losses of lifetime, savings and even former family-members by following the strategy of the anointed bell-wether who leads the other shep according to the latest market story

"Without clear investment strategy" other sheep donating savings to the bell-wether

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They advocate free will for as long as you do, think and say what they tell you and how they tell you.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

In religion there is no such thing as "free will" no matter the religion you are always subject to someone/something telling you what to do, think and believe. We as humans truly do have free will within the boundaries of the natural world (obviously we can jump from a roof and fly away, that sort of thing) but once we enslave our minds to some form of "religion" then free will goes right out the window, we then get to narrow our choices down even more. Yay! No thanks. I'll just keep following my conscience thank you very much. Do no harm is all it ever tells me and that's what I try to live by.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW's Are All About Free Will Now

That`s nothing new..

It`s been that way since I can remember..

Unfortunately It`s The Same Old WatchTower Double Talk..

"JW's Are All About Free Will"

Translation:

Jehovah`s Witnesses Are Free To Do..

WHATEVER THE WATCHTOWER TELLS THEM..

........Image result for Watchtower governing body Obey

Image result for minions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit