Meeting Workbook - I am your inheritance - April 5-11

by JWTom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWTom
    JWTom

Similar to the bethelites being dismissed topic for March/April 2020 is the article for April 5-11 related to the idea "if you just do what JW.org says....then someone is going to slide cash under your door and it will all be good related to your future finances" (link below).

I know current JWs that believe this and have PIMI family that believe this. They believe these even though they have endlessly challenging finances even struggling to pay bills.

The reality is that anyone struggling financially as a JW is going to be in a state of poverty just trying to survive. No financial security will come from JWLand. That has been proven true...again and again and again....

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=202021095&srcid=share

• Funky
    Funky

If 100% of JWs followed this advice, and relied on people sliding cash under the door or leaving bags of groceries on the doorstep....

Who, exactly, would be earning the spare cash to slide under the door or to buy the groceries for others?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWTOM & FUNKY:

Back when I was active as a Witness, I saw this attitude you mention that some felt if somebody was active in the ministry..‘somebody was going to slide cash under their door if they were needy, etc.’

I’m sorry but I never agreed with this mentality from Day One... I got the sense that some JWs saw themselves as a wannabe clergy class within the religion. After the terrible attitude displayed towards me because I had a full time job, I had No intention of giving anything to anybody there who didn’t really want to be in the workforce - and who had the audacity to condemn me for being there.

If I had a friend who was a Responsible person who lost their job and needed groceries or something, that’s different. But, as for anybody in the religion who felt they were a special class who wouldn’t be caught dead in a Real job..well let them go ask their so-called spiritual friends for money and stay the hell away from me.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

this is actually rather good. if no envelopes stuffed with cash comes under their door--it might just help some to wake up.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I'm extremely grateful that I had a more balanced view of education and finances than most of my fellow congregants, despite their condescending protests. I regret that I spent all that time preaching instead of taking extra weekend hours to better stack my retirement account, but after reading so many other anecdotes, I can take solace in how much worse it could have been for me.

JW finances work as such:

If you're well off- Jehovah is blessing you with abundance. You should pioneer.

If you're poor, but getting by- Jehovah is blessing you with sustainance. You should pioneer.

If you're destitute- Jehovah is blessing you with endurance. You should pioneer.

If you starve to death- Jehovah is blessing your surviving relatives with the ability to cope. They should pioneer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Article for next April, already....

Jehovah promised the priests and the Levites that he would care for their basic material needs. We can be confident that Jehovah will support us if we make sacrifices to serve him.”

A picture of envelope on doormat.

That is pure [ expletive deleted] !

You could starve waiting for the ones I know to do that. Also it is unscriptural...”He that does not work neither let him eat”

• Biahi
    Biahi

This religion is so full of 💩. I had a cousin who drove a beater car, lived in poverty to pioneer, said she’d leave her car unlocked at the meeting at the Kingdom Hall, and cash would be sitting on her car seat after the meeting. I can’t believe it was much, though. Probably like gas money. She’s still a dub, still poor. She doesn’t speak to me, she’s too righteous.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Listen. Obey and be Blessed!(Broke).

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

They are starting to really be the new kids on the block of Televangelist land. Suck bastards.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    she’d leave her car unlocked at the meeting at the Kingdom Hall, and cash would be sitting on her car seat after the meeting.

And after the Big A, she plans to move into someone's big house that she didn't work for too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit