Vera de Saint Croix

by Anna Marina 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Anyone heard of Vera de Saint Croix? If Fred Franz had got married she would have been the one he would have married. She wasn't his girlfriend but she was a very special lady to him.

That's all I know. Has anyone else heard of her?

• waton
    waton

did she knit his sweaters ? 'holy cross ' what am appropriate name for the prospective bride of a crusader. One of the endless line of pioneers from "la belle provence" that filed through Gilead?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I was just going to say Waton!!’ what a name for the girlfriend of basically the co~ creator of the modernJehovah’s witnesses!!! Anna Marina You’re a hive of unusual information! Do tell more!

I wonder if he didn’t marry her because of her name! You know how superstitious JWs are, ironic I know.Very posh! Bit like Bouvier ( Marge of course!)!!

Personally, I always assumed he was gay.....

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Holy cow! I haven’t heard this story before!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh Waton, never thought she might have passed through Gilead but could be.

Diogenester, I don't know much but I can tell you how I heard about Vera. I used to work regularly with 2 special pioneers. Both of the special pioneers were widows and used to be based near London.

At some point, Vera De Saint Croix visited London and because she was SO special, the two special pioneers were asked to look after her. I think they took her around London and showed her places of interest.

If Fred Franz' library was in America (which I assume it was), these two special pioneers must have later visited America because one of them was delighted to have ended up in Fred Franz's library due to this connection with Vera De St Croix. Fred Franz was not in his library, so she didn't get to meet him.

I never told the special pioneer sister who told me all this that I was emailing his nephew Ray Franz. I should have asked Ray about Vera shouldn't I! But I was too busy discussing 1914 with him and when I told the special pioneer sister that I was trying to learn Hebrew, she told me off and said I ought to do something useful like learn Chinese. She would have laid into me even more if I had told her I was in touch with Ray Franz.

Now she wont talk to me but that's because I've been disfellowshipped... for being able to count and read.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

'I've been disfellowshipped... for being able to count and read.'

Ha ha, that pretty much sums it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit