Court ruling update.....

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stuckinarut2
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Kinda old news, still sad though. She deserved much more.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It is a significant award, but in reality, $2.8 million is a drop in the bucket to WTS. Conti will probably be fortunate if she receives 50% of the award (after fees). I think she'd probably be wise to take the money and move on with her life, as this has consumed her life long enough.

WTS will consider this a "win". They've saved $25 million from the original trial award.

Let's review: It's a Cult!

• John Davis
    John Davis

Agree or not but it is a win because the court ruled for all of California that a case like that punitive damages is not appropriate nor does watchtower have a duty to warn or a duty to protect. That will save them a ton in future cases.

• flipper
    flipper

Absolutely disgusting that judges in this case would rule that WT Society doesn't have a responsibility to warn or protect children if a known child molester IS molesting JW kids. The fucking judge must be a child molester himself

• John Davis
    John Davis

Flipper it was actually all three judges on the appeals panel.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

elders do need to supervise child molesters in the ministry and they must take steps to ensure that they do not work with children. This is a significant victory for Candace Conti and should make her proud that she has achieved this.

I can see why making announcements to the congregation would be asking too much of religious bodies but here in Britain we can warn parents discreetly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...the judges said forcing the leadership of Jehovah’s Witnesses to warn congregants about child abusers would be too burdensome..."

Jeezus. Seriously???

I've heard some really stupid excuses over the years, but this...

You know, the only reason I can think of why "warning congregants about abusers" might be "too burdensome"...

...is if there were so many abusers that keeping the congregants informed would either occupy virtually all the Org's time, and/or doing so would practically empty the Kingdom Halls.

What I can't figure out is why the f**k the Cali courts would give a shit either way.

It's not like they're BFFs with the Org.

• flipper
    flipper

John Davis said, " Flipper it was actually all three judges on the appeals panel. "

Proves my point even more. Either all 3 judges are child molesters- or - they are sympathetic to pedophiles they have known personally in their respective private lives to make a ruling like that. Makes me want to puke when we have idiots like this serving in high positions in this society

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JD - Why do you care if this court ruling saves WT "a ton in future cases"? WT has money to burn.

Anybody would think you worked them or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit