Conspiracy: Did the Watchtower set the memorial for the 23rd, because the GB practice Gematria? see for your selfs.

by goingthruthemotions 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So i have been thinking. I know this is something Taboo to the dubs, but F them. I am a free moral agent.

anyways, Why is the memorial on the 23rd? according to the Jewish calendar Nissan 14 is on Friday April 22nd.

According to the Gregorian Calendar it is March 22nd. So why the 23rd?

is this just a number they pulled out of there Arse and said " oh, here's a good date." No, they do things for a reason.

The sheeple will go along no matter what.

i believe in the past and present the GB practice numerology or better know has Gematria. in reality..it is an evil practice used for predictions.

Using the formula for Gematria in reference to the Jewish Calendar, this date (march 23rd ) is the holiday of Purim (which begins at sundown on March 23, 2016) will be the Purim of the Hebrew year 5776.

This date according to the bible code will signify the coming of the Messiah and start the end of days.

here is the link i am referencing.

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/57619/new-bible-code-hints-2016-ripe-for-the-messiah-jewish-world/#AjKoRLwgK7fYCcD6.97

Conspiracy? hidden meaning for the date being the 23rd of March? or just a bunch of bunk like the dub's are!!!

i like a good conspiracy just like everyone else.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I know nothing of Bible Codes , but the WTS say this is how they work it out:

Reasoning From The Scriptures p 269

Jehovah’s Witnesses observe the Memorial after sundown on Nisan 14, according to the reckoning of the Jewish calendar that was common in the first century. The Jewish day begins at sundown and extends until the following sundown. So Jesus died on the same Jewish calendar day that he instituted the Memorial. The beginning of the month of Nisan was the sunset after the new moon nearest the spring equinox became visible in Jerusalem. The Memorial date is 14 days thereafter. (Thus the date for the Memorial may not coincide with that of the Passover kept by modern-day Jews. Why not? The start of their calendar months is set to coincide with the astronomical new moon, not the visible new moon over Jerusalem, which may come 18 to 30 hours later. Also, most Jews today keep the Passover on Nisan 15, not on the 14th as did Jesus in harmony with what was stated in the Mosaic Law.)

• smiddy
    smiddy

So what date are the Orthodox Jews celebrating Passover this year of 2016 ? according to our calendar ?

I think someone said somewhere the (JW) are a month out , is that right ?

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos
    May be they considered the gravity of the matter, and since in March there is predicted a lunar eclipse, minimum gravity for the earth, less light and red glow on the moon, they picked the earlier date. bsw, did you watch a replay of the indonesian solar eclipse, If I were an impersonal creator, I would add little teasers like that to my otherwise serious and random undertakings, a message a well protected eye can appreciate,
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    The WT is ignoring the Jewish calender which this year is a leap year and adds an extra month...the WT sticks to the first full moon in the spring equinox.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Does this mean they will be a month behind the Jews every year going forward?
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    No, it just means that they have given their self righteous priggishness another checked box.
  • pile2222
    pile2222
    "The WT is ignoring the Jewish calender which this year is a leap year and adds an extra month...the WT sticks to the first full moon in the spring equinox."

But the "reasoning book" says that "The beginning of the month of Nisan was the sunset after the new moon nearest the spring equinox became visible in Jerusalem. The Memorial date is 14 days thereafter."

here is a good Youtube video from Mike and Kim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSuP_V0wBF8

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

What I find interesting about celebrating the Memorial is that Christ asked that we continue celebrating his death.

He did not say celebrate my death on this specific date, at this specific hour.

I realize traditionally (Christ and Paul condemned traditions of men) special occasions are celebrated annually many times on a specific date but wouldn't this be holding to the traditions of men i.e. this world?

My twenty-cents :-)

• pile2222
    pile2222

Now I found this website and I am confused:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y2016M1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit