Will you be alive in 2099?

by IronGland 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

I doubt that I'll reach the age of 120.

Then again, I also doubt that humanity as we know it will still exist in a century's time...we're right at the bottom of the spike now, so to speak, and we're busy climbing the exponent...it won't be long now, people...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Hm... dystopia vs utopia.

If we don't kill off the human race through a major ecological or military catastrophe, then yeah, it seems possible that the average human lifespan by then could be over 100. So I might make it.

• smack
    smack

dunno, I do know that I'm going to live long enought to be a problem to my kids... That'll learn em.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Personally I'd love to die when I was 134, especially if 20 year-old identical Ukranian twins were involved...

... but I'd far rather live to be 135 with my hunny.

I'm here for as long as I can be without turning into a dried-up health obsessive. From what I can make out of anti-aging research, I may well be in the unfortunate position of seeing medical scinece make some major break-throughs that will be too late to benefit me.

On current life expectancy only a small percentage of the people alive today will be alive in 2099; that's a minimum of 96 years, which is getting on for twenty years more than average for a man in the West.

Some minor breakthroughs could extend middle age and life spans by a couple of decades. A few could give us a ginormous population problem. Personally I think people would be more likely to act like responsible citizens if they were still going to be here in 200 years time, so I'm all for it.

Does anyone think that being a Dub influenced their view/desire of living a long time?

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Does anyone think that being a Dub influenced their view/desire of living a long time?

Yeah! I was devastated when I found out all those promises were empty. One minute I was gonna live forever in paradise Earth and the next WHAM! - I'm gonna die in a measly 50 years or so (if I'm lucky)! Talk about major depression time!

I'm desperate for anti-aging breakthroughs, I'd do anything to stay alive indefinitely (as long as I'm reasonably healthy) and would love to be a sprightly youth of 138 when 2099 comes round!

• Undecided
    Undecided

If there is an after life in another deminsion I might be alive, but otherwise I'll be dust by then.

Ken P.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'll be 124 in 2099... I think it could happen... medicine makes amazing advances. Plus I eat a lot of preservatives... that's gotta help, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit