The Truth is not an ORG.....It's inside of you

by tor1500 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

The Truth, the org is the Truth...ummm...let's think about that...I was thinking that the bible is the truth & what it does is that it reveals THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU...the more you read the bible the more you may see yourself & your actions. You may be a person who judges people, the bible will show you what's wrong with that...viola, another truth revealed about you. You may be a prideful person, you read a story in the bible about that...again, it's another truth revealed about YOU. Many of us think we are OK, but when we read the bible, sometimes we see ourselves (mirror) & it's not easy to admit we may need to change. The bible makes us accountable for our actions, sometimes we are so busy pointing fingers at others when it's something we should change about ourselves.

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads the bible & is ready for correction....that's where the truth comes in...The Bible reveals our true selves...Again, the truth is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then truly the Truth can set you free from all your messed up ways...

Again, that's just my 2 cents.

Tor

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Not just God is within us, but all the angels, all the demons, all the flawed characters in the greatest story ever told are within us. The Bible is a book of genocide, because there is a corruption within everybody that must be exterminated. It is a book of superstition, because the notion that it is a magic book is beyond blasphemy, it's the emperor's lack of clothes.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi tor1500 do you really think the Bible shows us how to cope with everyday life? People being killed for not being obedient, naughty children eaten by bears, people having sex with members of their own family, being killed for not giving the whole amount of a contribution to the congregation.

Where is the application to real life here? Only if you rewrite each story to make a modern day application like they do in the Watchtower can you make any sense of these ridiculous stories. If you're going to do that why bother, why not use your common sense to work out how best to live your life. If you're inexperienced about life and feel lost, read books, talk to other people, read biographies about other's lives, speak to a therapist.

• cofty
    cofty
    We are all guilty of ... having sex ..inside marriage

Eh?

• the girl next door
  • Terry
    Terry

Truth isn't a thing. It is a correspondence between reality and a description of that reality.

The logical test of accuracy in describing reality is the absence of internal contradiction. You see this in cross-examination of a witness by an adversarial attorney probing for discrepancy and changes in previous testimony.

Jehovah's Witnesses as "witnesses" have had numerous changes in their testimony which they never admit to being anything less than the Truth. For a JW, Truth is not unlike today's weather.
    They've been forecasting with 100% inaccuracy for over 100 years.
    If confronted by the unreliability of their predictions, they act offended and point to their source authority: scriptures and Jehovah's spirit. What they never seem to question is their definitive presentation and its having been based on mere opinion.
    "God's dates and not ours" is hardly a call for prudent skepticism.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I got where you are coming from....I'm talking about our human hang nails that we have. The simple niceties in life that we extend to one another...The Jews....when things were going their way they were alright. Let's be honest the Jews were in Egypt for ages and were taken from there, but like most folks, you can take them out of environment but you can't take the environment out of them. Sometimes folks just don't change. They would tell God, ok I'm going to be good & obey, then turn around & disobey him...Just like us today....we listen to our parents, then disobey them....I know what you're going to say, but our parents didn't kill us (yet, some do). We have to remember they were kind of barbaric back then. Again, I get where you are coming from.

If common sense was so common everyone would have it...I have read the bible & sometimes see myself in some of these stories...Like when Peter said, he would never deny Christ & he did....the moral of this story...never say never. What about the good Samaritan, couldn't we all identify with that story...would you help anyone that doesn't look like you, worship like you, etc. What about the guy whose loan was forgiven, yet he didn't forgive someone that owed him money. David & Saul: Saul was the man, but folks kept making a big deal about David & Saul became jealous, who here has not felt jealousy of someone ?

The man that wouldn't give up his riches & Christ said a man giving up his riches is just as impossible as a camel going thru an eye of a needle...& isn't that the truth, how many would give up their riches ? Some do, but most won't. What about power doesn't power go to our heads at times...look at the celebrities...before they got rich, they were humble, then they get pumped up to larger then life, & they feel they can do whatever... Look at the police, don't they think they are above the law & do what they want. I could go on & on...What you can take out of the bible if you wish, is..MORALS...ah, this one just came to me...what about, do to others as you would have them do to you....meaning, BE NICE, because you'd want someone to be nice to you...That to me is the meat and potatoes of the bible...Don't do to others what you don't want done to you....Most of the bible are just stories...true or false, who knows & who cares...but it's how we treat one another that really counts.

Most of us want to go through life with no problems, but it don't happen that way, many say it's not fair, but life never promised you fair.

I don't get the point of all these stories in the bible & I too wonder, why does God allow suffering, especially when we read, he can heal anything....how long does this have to go on until he jumps in....& the org., is wondering too, why else would they constantly write about it in all their literature. They want to know as well, but they are phrasing it differently so they think they have the answer. They claim Jesus became King in 1914, don't think they are not asking...Hey Jesus, what you been doing since then?

No one can trust religion run by man or interpreted by man...I think at the end of the day...BE GOOD...

Application to real life...again...BE GOOD & KIND. CARE ABOUT YOUR FELLOW MAN, HELP WHEN & WHERE YOU CAN. TRY TO BE AS POSITIVE AS YOU CAN...

Tor

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

How can the bible help if anyone if it is not true and full of piss made up by people who had little knowledge about the world they lived in?

Ignore it...live the life you want to live...enjoy it, don't hurt others and be free.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

What about....?

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads the Book of Mormon & is ready for correction....that's where the truth comes in...The Book of Mormon reveals our true selves...Again, the truth is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then truly the Truth can set you free from all your messed up ways...

....or...

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads Dyanetics & is ready for correction....that's where the truth comes in... Dyanetics reveals our true selves...Again, the truth is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then truly the Truth can set you free from all your Thetans...

....or...

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads the Koran & is ready for correction....that's where the truth comes in...The Koran reveals our true selves...Again, the truth is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then truly the Prophet can set you free from all your messed up ways...allahu akbar.

...or...

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads the Pali Canon & is ready for correction....that's where enlightenment comes in...The Pali Canon reveals our true selves...Again, enlightenment is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then being truly enlightened can set you free from all your messed up ways...,

...or...

We are all guilty of judging, gossiping, having sex out/inside marriage, drinking, drugging & countless other things. So when one reads the Tao-te Ching & is ready for correction....that's where harmony comes in...The Tao-te Ching reveals our true selves...Again, harmony is not outside of us, it's inside of us to be revealed....then being truly harmonious can set you free from all your messed up ways...,
  • cofty
    cofty

tor - the Bible contains nothing of value except a few bits of folk wisdom.

The world only makes sense in the absence of a deity.

Why would you expect to find value in a book written by Iron Age goat herders who had the morals of an ISIS warlord?

We live in the best time in all of human history. Never has there been more respect for rights and freedoms. The parts of the world who are going against this trend are those who value ancient books and gods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit