Trying to get my head around these go bags

by phoenixrising 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

When I was looking at prepping back in the 90s I was told by several elders that we needed to just rely on the org and Jehovah and not prep. I started to put away vacuum sealed bags of rice beans and spices anyway. Now they have this go bag crap. I left in the mid 90s so from all I see I don't think I would recognize the cult if I went to the hall today. These go bags to me are just the beginning. I bet in future they will get the bunker mentality. They will start to prep. What do you all think? I differentiate what I do as a preper and what they do in that SHTF can happen as we saw in the ongoing virus situation. They are waiting on the end of the world from a supernatural thing. What ever reason I agree with prepping but this was frowned on until recently.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It helps in making people believe, when that occurs the WTS/JWorg can sustain the membership and cultivate more money and support.

The provocation of fear is pretty much the core catalyst of what frames the JW cult.

For example a recent statement by one the GB members .......

"Brothers and sisters we are now at the end of the end of this system of things"

• sir82
    sir82

All the "go bag" stuff happened after Hurricane Katrina.

Thousands, probably tens of thousands, of JWs were forced to evacuate their homes, sometimes ending up hundreds of miles away. There was no organized system of checking up on anyone, so it was the perfect opportunity for JWs to "fade".

The organization was, and is, utterly horrified that they might be forced to loosen even slightly their stranglehold grip on control & power over their adherents, so now there are orders for every congregation to have a "disaster plan", including giving your phone numbers and out-of-state contacts to the elders. So in case there is another Katrina-scale disaster, the elders can hunt you down. No more easy fading.

The "go bags" are part of the protocol for those congregation disaster plans. But as noted, by far the most important piece of that plan, from the WTS perspective, is making sure that contact information for every publisher is up-to-the-minute current and in the hands of the BOE.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But what about the great persecution to come upon Jehovah's chosen people which the JWS heads say they are that organization ?

You better have your go bags packed and ready brothers and sisters.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

wouldnt it be fun of the congregation told each of its members just to pack one kind of item...to avoid too much duplication. such as one packs tins of baked beans another packs candles, someone else packs light bulbs.. get the idea ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

People in general are ill equipped to leave home in a hurried energency. FEMA also recommends go bags and the WT is following their guidelines. It is not an idea Jehovah came up with.

In reality the help comes from neighbors, churches, and governments. Disasters do not cooperate with timing so dad will be at work, kids at school, mom wherever like her work. what to take comes down to needing a go trailer with the list .

• LV101
    LV101

I wish to hell the cult members would take 'em and GO! Join their governing god-goons in Warwick and get a dose of reality.

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

LV101, funny you say that. They will need their TO-GO-BAGS because if the governing body is not shelling out anything to help during this pandemic, what makes anyone believe they will shell out anything during the great trib!

• LV101
    LV101

stumbled - those poor JWs will be signing away their last possessions to the goon squad for paradise points and the blathering scum (goon squad) still won't hand out one crumb. So sad. Hey, that rhymes. That cult compound should be sold and funds given to feed the poor - the JWs can learn a hard lesson re/charity and decent religion.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The pandemic crisis has taught us one important thing - there should be a separate bag for your 12 pack of toilet paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit