Thoughts on Zoom

by waton 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

The wt sponsored zoom meetings reduce individual freedom, spirituality. The wt sponsored zoom meetings enables ego maniacs, narcissists to have their influence beamed right into your living room. Conversations that were private, personal are now broadcast, forced on all participants.

Like the cancelling of the localized "book study" meetings, a herd mentality, is now more strongly imposed by the few.

The worst of the wt word, like presence of pedophiles, confirmed adulterers is now beamed into the sanctity of your family, home.' instead of being confined to the Hall, where they belong.

how do feel --, deal, with that?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

On the plus side of zoom meetings, there are inevitable delays and problems with unmuting commenters. And various elders (who are not so technical) provide a comical show of bobbing foreheads (without seeing the face) and/or unusual angles, and various other zoom gaffs.

So, hopefully, some of that will tend to mute what otherwise seems to be a doubling down on the brainwashing by the WT.

• waton
    waton
    various other zoom gaffs

Bc; and these are tricks easily exploited to even enhance the bizarro's impact. like creating a "trumpet effect'" before the appearance of h/h majesty.

• hoser
    hoser

No one is forced to have a camera and microphone in their living room. They are guiltshamed but not forced. You can listen with microphone muted and camera off. Just sayin.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    hoser

No one is forced to have a camera and microphone in their living room.

I agree. These days, if a person is still part of WT, after tons of child abuse exposures, and still believes in a God of Justice and his son who is suppose to hate unrighteousness and should protect little children from being raped by people bearing the name of Jehovah and disciples of Jesus Christ, then that's probably where they belong.

To many people raised in WT and age over 60 waking up these days. Even born in children age 12 and up are waking up. Reason being is because these people and children that wake up have a sense of righteousness that conflicts with the "Works" of the Watchtower. Those that continue to stay have chosen to continue with the organization because something is wrong with their morals.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

A majority in our hall have the video off and their mic muted. It certainly is intrusive and much hated I believe. When tit was a novelty, there were many inane and excited greetings to every on who appeared. it was just awful. Now, nobody appears until the last minute, those who arrive early just sit in bored silence.

I think, if and when this is all over, it will not be missed by anyone, God's miraculous provision or not.

• waton
    waton

hoser
    3 hours ago
    No one is forced to have a camera and microphone in their living room. They are guiltshamed but not forced. You can listen with microphone muted and camera off

But if you succeeding to have your picture, sound off, avoid exposing your family, does not mean that the worst of wt is not beamed right into your private place.

Hope that good 2 way only private conversations preserve friendships.

• stan livedeath
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing I really detest about it is that this means no more snow days. Remember when you would hope for a blizzard so the boasting session would be cancelled? No more. Snow, ice, wind, or other things that once meant no boasting session now merely mean going on Zoom.

I don't know what they are going to do when we lose the entire Internet as part of Civil War II (along with World War III).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "...They are guiltshamed..."

"Guiltshamed"... I like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit