My rage...

by czarofmischief 13 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well,

This is a personal venting topic - mostly getting some things that have happened in the recent past off my chest and laying it all out where I can see it. So don't answer or even read it if you don't care - I know. I'm whining, but mostly to see if I can focus some of this energy...

Anyway, I'm furious right now. So angry I can't sleep. So angry it hurts me, gives me heartburn, makes me punch shit and shout.

First up, my play which I wrote and help raise money for has been cancelled. The producer is still working on finding a space, but it doesn't look good. Damn! A disappointment. Really embarrassing, too, because I was so happy about it I was telling everybody.

Then, ha ha, my sketch comedy troupe holds a coup d'etat and throws me, my girlfriend, and my other friend out of the group! They made some very unfair and baseless accusations along the lines of power tripping (which is crazy, it was more work than power - just ask Simon what its like to try running a group project) - so these people who were my friends and closest companions for the past two years have completely walked out of my life. This is the single largest source of anger, bitterness, and hatred in my heart, because we were so close to success, we could taste it, we were really close to getting some paying gigs and fulfilling our dream, and then suddenly they decide, two weeks before our next show, that they just couldn't handle it anymore, in fact, couldn't keep it together for two more weeks, no, they had to bail right now, screw me over in terms of money and reputation (the local theater owner was NOT happy about us cancelling like a bunch of amateur geeks). Arrrgghh! Chop their heads off! Give them a tracheotomoy with a broken 40! (The worst thing is that these guys NEED someone to drive them, because they can't organize even a simple fundraiser on their own. So all their good talent is going to go to waste for the rest of their lives. We were GOOD, but they just weren't happy having my fiancee call the shots like when to have shows and rehearsals. They kept acting paranoid about every little thing, complaining that she was a bad person, when she would have happily given up the job, but they weren't willing to work, they just wanted to bitch.)

And I got some kind of strange fever, too, it keeps coming back and it leaves me exhausted and weak, I sweat all fricking night and when I wake up I'm drenched and dizzy.

And then, this is actually funny when I go to say it, I was walking past this rotating fan which had the cover taken off because it was broken, and it was in the dark because I was getting ready for work, and my hand, you guessed it, went right into the spinning blades and chopped up the skin on the back of my fingers pretty good. It frigging burns, man.

I work at Starbucks and smell like coffee all day. I took this job to pay some bills while we worked on our comedy troupe - I sell coffee to rich people who treat me like crap and talk to me like I'm an idiot, rather than the college educated writer I am. I hang out in some places where if they pulled that attitude, nobody would blink if I beat the crap out of them. But no, at work, I have to smile and say, "Yes, Mrs. Lebowitz, I must have misheard you when you clearly ordered a SKIM latte when you said SOY I 'm sorry, my mindreading hat is on the fritz today." There's a whole class of educated people working in crap jobs while we wait for this economy to turn around. And we're getting tired of it, man!

My parents are still in the dubdom, and while they've been really nice to me, they are so convinced that the end is close, thanks to all this furor in the Middle East, they are driving me crazy enough to burn down the local kingdom hall.

One final thing, I wanted to join the army, but can't because of my psychiatric history... sigh, yes, I know... I'm crazy! But it was one more humiliating rejection on top of everything else - you just aren't good enough, says the world...

I know other people have problems, more serious than mine, and I feel bad about Ms. Garza passing away, but I just needed to spit out my anger at the way everything seems to be conspiring to screw me over.

If you've made it this far, thanks for listening.

CZAR of the "Poor and Disaffected"

• avishai
    avishai

Shit. Thank you so much. Your letter helped me realize that I'm not the only one going thru a TON of shit right now, what w/ epilepsy, not being able to work, having probs re-financing my house due to my dickhead ex stepdad placing an illegal lien on it.

I've also done a lot of theater. where do ya live? If close, maybe we could write some stuff. Sketch comedy, I mean. Also, if your play writing is as good as your writing on this board, I'd love to read it!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Czar,

Thanks for the post.

It really made me laugh ! I'm sorry if you wanted a more sombre reply, but I do feel for you as well. Life is shit, isn't it ? Really, I wasn't laughing at your bad luck, I was laughing at the way in which you wrote about it. Everything seemed to be going against you; but please know that I think your style of writing is really funny !

It's a bummer about all them things that were happening. You know, you are not the first person to think about burning down the local KH. I think you know that I certainly have. I know what it is like to work in an environment like that; I used to work in retail and some of the customers were just scum. Most people were ok, but some were real assholes. I remember having to deal with one family that got pissed off and placed a complaint with the management because I didn't speak THEIR language, and didnt even try ! Sad, isn't it ?

But a brighter day will come, and when you get there, tell me how it feels. I hop your parents see the truth for what it really is one day.

Normally, I would see a post like this and skim through it, reading only some of the words and hoping that maybe I would get the jist of it ; but this time I read everything... it was a laugh.

Thanks for the post, and I hope things get better soon for you.

Ps. What play did you write ?

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

czarofmischief, so sorry to hear that you're having a bad day! It's okay to vent sometimes! We all need to let off steam sometimes! Hope your finger get's better! When you say, you're crazy, what do you mean? Do you mean that you are taking medicine for something? I'm bi-polar *which was triggered by a trama in my life* and some would call me crazy! lol I just had a tough time dealing! But then again, I think it's good to get alittle crazy sometimes! You'll be okay! Just hang in there buddy!

Oh and one more thing.....be proud of yourself for working, you're doing a honest mans work, work is work. You have no reason to feel bad about working at Starbucks. Oh, by the way, I love Starbucks. That's where we all met for a ex j.w. meet-up!

Are you doing better?

Tink

• rem
    rem

That sucks, man. I know how it feels... I was kicked out of my own band for growing a goatee as a witness. Hurt pretty bad. Especially watching them gig without me. ARRRRGHHH!

I haven't played in a band since. Maybe someday.

I hope things work out.

rem

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hamas - yep, I wanted to make people laugh about it - although I am genuinely cranky and irritable today, I'm smart enough to know all this will pass. Thanks for thinking I'm funny. Means a lot.

Avishai - I live in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I can definitely send you some of our stuff and we can exchange plays and stuff over email if a more personal meeting isn't possible right now. Where do you live? PM me.

Tink - I'm bipolar as well. Not sure why, but I've been able to live without the stabilizers for the past couple of months, although the anti-depressants are still necessary (I have type II, ultra-radian cycling). I actually enjoy my work at the bucks most days, its just been a little rough lately.

Rem - I have a goatee too. Us devil-beards have to stick together. I've forgotten how anal the dubs are about facial hair, (except on their women, where it is acceptable.)

I've got go crank up some White Zombie or something and freak out the normals in my neighborhood.

CZAR

• talesin
    talesin

czar,

you have truly had the day/week/month, etc. from HELL.

As well as the other crap (esp. yr play) I'm really sorry about the troupe. What idiots!! That must have really hurt. Being attacked by one's fellow artists is particularly painful. {{{{czar & gf}}}} Usually comes from jealousy IMO.

Your rant was warranted. I always say "F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!" Don't let it get you down.

tal

edited to say: ps, sometimes I get the crazy label, too. Once again, I apply above FU expression.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Czar, hang in there buddy! <pats the Mischief-meister on the back>

Mike.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

i read your story czar, sorry for the run of bad luck. I'd be pissed too if my troupe booted me, especially if we were so close to finally making it. Agghhh!!!

Hang in there bud.

Winston.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Czar

I hear ya mate, I'd say deal with each issue one at a time. First check your health, your sleep pattern could be stress related due to all thats happening. When that is sorted out you will see everything in a better light. The fact that these people originally showed interest in your work shows that it has a lot of value. Someone else will show just as much interest, the disappointment can be a learning process for the next time around.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit