Circuit Overseer's visit and Body of Elders

by bola 15 Replies latest jw friends

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

All a Bunch of buffoons, in my honest opinion

• Ding
    Ding

COs know that if they just tell all the elders, "You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work," they won't be COs very long.

The GB is always demanding more of JWs -- more field service hours, more members, better attendance at meetings, more members pioneering, more people attending the Memorial, more sacrificial donations of money, and so on.

This puts a lot of pressure on COs to show better results, and COs pass that on to the elders.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The CO is more a white glove inspection and auditor with a pep talk thrown in. If you think he aint powerful cross him.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Buffoons and Dumbasses, looking for power over someone. I was never a brown nose or yes man and would not give them the time of day. Especially after how many hoops they made my dad jump thru and all for nothing. And on top of that asking him for money.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In more recent years the grandfatherly CO who is sincere in his belief that he is doing the Lord's work and helping the downtrodden is gone. The new CO's that have gone through the bOrg's TM School (if that's what it is called now) are Company Men sent in to see that the slaves are obedient about sending lots of CA$H to Mother and to see that funds are not being wasted when they could be contributed.

They will also take notice of anyone that seems a little rebellious or doubtful or fails to convey their unconditional allegiance to the bOrg (even to death).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DOC - In more recent years the grandfatherly CO who is sincere in his belief that he is doing the Lord's work and helping the downtrodden is gone.

This is what I was thinking. The sincere though deluded CO's have gone. It was very noticeable from perhaps the 90's onward that there started to be an influx of new and very narcissistic type of CO. More 'company men' than loving 'shepherd(TM)'.

I wouldn't have given tuppence for the last few I knew before I left. In Elder's meetings they were absolute piggish bullies. Disgustingly morale destroying where 'hours(tm)' and 'contributions(tm)' were concerned.

They had no love. They were just Government benefits cheats and scroungers.

One of them even had the audacity to say, 'Can't you see what Jehovah(tm) is telling you?' as if he had a direct line to the god of the Watchtower(tm).

However, they loved the adulation from the sheeple. They preened themselves in front of the doting Jobo R&F(tm).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit