*WARNING SUICIDE RELATED POST

by Annamouse 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    In fairness, the elders were kind and supportive.

They were supportive of you having sex before marriage? That’s a surprise as JWs think that’s wrong.

I support anyone having the freedom to choose to have sex consensually with other adults.

But I seriously doubt those elders were truly supportive of your choice.

I think if you objectively look back on that, you’ll see that they were not supportive and were only gaslighting you so they could exert control over your personal decisions.

• tiki
    tiki

Sex is a normal and natural human function. Religion dictating right vs wrong regarding human copulation is simply another way power hungry men endeavor to rule their subjects. You most certainly should not have been made to feel dirty and disgusting, but that mindset likely was drilled into you by the religion.

Work on loving yourself....being the best you can be. Suicide attempt indicates an awful lot of inner turmoil....I do hope you have gotten professional therapy....and keep at it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Pete Zahut said it best:

JW's tend to forget that the moral code they follow and refer to as "Gods Law", was meant to be a protection for mankind not a means to catch them out and punish them. They tend to emphasize the punishment and sin aspect rather than the intent of the of the moral laws they follow.

Couldn't have said it better.

Now it's time to get real so you can truly get well.

You are worth more then the foolishness of untrained Elders who are ever ready to monitor your morals, strengths and weaknesses. Most of whom barely have a high school education.

Believing in religions can be very dangerous. Most religions don't believe that you need to be controlled and taught an ever changing theology........... Others want to control you body and mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit