I am confused,bewildered

by bobld 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Do us unclean women have to wear a head covering when we clean the shi**ers at the KH? lol
  • Heaven
    Heaven

If menstruating women are unclean for 7 days why aren't men who have wet dreams also unclean for 7 days?

• steve2
    steve2

The Bible is proudly pro-male and majorly patriarchal in its focus with a notable seam of misogyny running through its ancient pages.

Funny then that, in most, if not all, Christian religious groups, female adherents vastly outnumber males.

What's that about?

• Lieu
    Lieu

Who "looks forward" to conventions?????

Aside from the old full dress Bible dramas, conventions are pure leg numbing boredom.

Jewish festivals are actually festivals and loads of fun. Activities for all. No comparison.

As for obeying Mosaic Law. Pfffft! Seriously. Who has the cattle for all that?

• Lieu
    Lieu

Menstruating ancient ladies were probably quite happy about that rule. 7 days each month of no duties! Making meals was laborious back then, tending house and children. 7 day break. No chocolate on that side of the world yet.

That whole rape law. Seriously, if you knew you'd have to automatically marry the person you raped, would you rape? Not to forget if you rape someone else, you've just committed adultery and that penalty is death by big rocks.

It's best not to rape.

Also, too, I don't think the Bible is anti female, I think misogynistic power crazed men use the Bible to be anti female. Jesus was always talking to the ladies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Lieu...

I'll admit, I never looked at it that way.

Not that it's changed my mind, overall.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Conventions and Assemblies are big money makers for WTS.

That is why they still have them.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit