20/20 special about scientology with a representative!

by nonjwspouse 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I just ran across it on ABC. A Scientology representative is discussing Leah Remini and others.

The representative is such a spinner. It's reminiscent of the GB member Jackson at the ARC. " Not consistent within our strict guidelines to protect children". " I can't say if that did or did not happen, but I can say it is not within our strict guidelines". UGH

The same video character assassination of ANYONE who speaks out against Scientology

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

She is their lawyer and obviously adept at spinning, though you and I can see through it. They will assassinate the character of anyone that questions them, just like Jehovah's Witnesses.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I heard on the program Leah is now on the warpath to attack the tax exempt status! YOU GO GIRL! Hit em where it REALLY hurts HAHAHA

An importantly, Set. that. precedent!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I don't see her making much progress on that front, but I applaud her efforts. Shut 'em down!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

They only gained the status in 1993 or something like that. Leah is a bulldog. She might just get it done.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I also watched this.

I would expect that their lawyer is going to defend them. However, when the man was interviewing her at one point about sexual or inappropriate questions supposedly being asked of underage members, she refused to believe it.. I couldn't help but believe the ex-members.

The few current members interviewed at intervals trying to defend the religion looked like mannequins to me. I hate to say it, but the scene showing current members singing seemed weird. People are supposed to get all revved up and emotional when they sing so passionately. Their brains go out the window. I thought to myself: you'll never catch me in any group or movement ever again - much less singing. Church choirs were pretty, not these massive revivals.

The gist I got from the whole thing is that this "religion" is saying their detractors are just trying to make money, using terms like cottage industry. While I do not doubt that some of these ex-members might be looking for money, I am still of the opinion that this is a scary cult.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

The fake dub-like smiles were interesting to me.

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I watched this as well. Both Leah Remini and Mike Rinder did well in their interviews exposing the Scientology and like Long Hair Gal stated- naturally- the Scientology attorney just made lame ass excuses for David Miscavige denying everything that Remini and Rinder brought up. It did seem like a GB member being defensive for the WT Society. But it's great Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are getting this out into the public more so - as it will start making people think of how seemingly outwardly religions might look " respectable " but what happens on the inside behind closed doors is way more criminal and unethical

• cha ching
    cha ching

I watched it also, missed the last 10 minutes, "late" is hard for me to do (rats! I was dreaming that I was watdching)

Anyway, the lady with the white/ blonde hair, would repeat very legalistic replies back to the reporter, never just 'staring him in the eye with the honest reply', her eyes would "twitter" and look back and forth, and her favorite way of replying to anything?

T"hat certainly would not be appropriate....."

"We certainly would not approve it......"

If it did happen, and we are not saying it did, but if it happened to,and we are not saying they are lying, but perhaps they are mistaken or it could be that they are truly exaggerating it..... but they could be truly misrepresenting it.

As snake windy as one could find a WT lawyer replying to the question of child abuse: "We certainly abhor child abuse"

and then, you have the evidence.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

For some reason that lawyer reminded me of the infamous "dr. applegate" from the ARC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit