Now That JWs Are Encouraged To Use Ipads Is There Evidence of Getting in Trouble on the WWW?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I’d imagine that if you have a IPad or IPad that some Witnesses will get into trouble.

What say you??

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yup. My ultra-staunch (and also new-to-tech) JW mother has stumbled across this site twice recently, and instead of doing the 'right' thing and shutting it off while looking away in disgust, she lingers and moves on to other threads.

• compound complex
    compound complex

[ . . . ] instead of doing the 'right' thing and shutting it off while looking away in disgust, she lingers and moves on to other threads. -- neat blue dog

Enlightenment just waiting to happen.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm crossing my fingers . . .

• minimus
    minimus

I am hoping that many people will wake up from the religion and test the waters in the evil Internet world.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You stumble across sites like this ,curiosity gets the better of you eventually and Bingo your on your way to knowing TTATT

The best thing the Society has ever done allowing the sheep to access the internet.

• James87
    James87

Yes and no. It’s a move they had to make because of the cost associated with printing materials. No because for the most part most people have internet now, so it was an inevitable move I think. Many people are stubborn believers, when presented with reasonable questions, ideas, they defend the faith with a sense of pride. They have been conditioned to do this.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

My mother just this week accused my sibling of feeding me "rubish" to stop me from attending meetings. Said he was killing me. He told her that he has not spoken to me at all and that the internet is full of information. She told him the internet is full of apostates. They are scared to look anywhere other than the borg site. Satan will take over their brains from one wrong click!

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I imagine if they are already good at doing a google search, and get fed up with JWs lousy search engines, then they might use a search engine like google to find their answer. At that point they may come across accurate information via JWN, etc. Otherwise, they have all their bookmarks and are afraid to look elsewhere unless an elder forwards them something. I have seen someone set up their computer to open to about five JW tabs. This person feels the internet is only for JW stuff even though they do other things like netflix. No need to search when all your tabs are open!

I searched for a video that was at the meeting, but not on the website. That started my awakening.

They use so many QR codes so people don't have to search.

If they do not have an inquiring mind I do not see it happening.

My two cents.

Hmmm. But they do tell everyone 'worldly' about JW.borg... that must bring up some accurate sites with the borg links.

IDK anymore. I see hubby using google occasionally for JW stuff, but he is not curious enough yet and stops before the good stuff. He never clicks on a link.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Love it. yup. true in my life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit